Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I tried to add a photo to original post, but could not find a "edit" link. : (

I recently received a PM asking what the check-valve looks like. I just happened to have a old photo in my archives. : )

This "bullet shaped" plastic valve is inserted into the hose. You can probably see the "bulge" in the factory hoses.

Attachments

·
'96 VR4
3,291 Posts
I tried to add a photo to original post, but could not find a "edit" link. : (

I recently received a PM asking what the check-valve looks like. I just happened to have a old photo in my archives. : )

This "bullet shaped" plastic valve is inserted into the hose. You can probably see the "bulge" in the factory hoses.

I've also done some work on mine, but I didn't delete anything really - just replaced all the hardlines with tubing. I wish I could find a small internal check valve like that to neaten up the plumbing changes, but I'm probably going to have to go with an external one. I tried getting the stocker into the tubing I'm using, but it's stiffer than the stock rubber so no go. I'll probably try again sometime, but the plastic CV won't take too much abuse.

·
Nuke nerd
197 Posts
Goodbye irritating arse hard line that always gets in my way when i am goofing around with my intake :)

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Hate to bump the thread, but I have a question about plugging the back of the plenum. I have been using a rubber plug, but with the heat and cold and pressure they keep cracking and dry rotting. I would like a more permanent solution, but have some questions.

The OP said he used a metric pipe plug. Does this seal by itself? Pressure tested? Need to use Teflon tape? Also, does anyone happen to have specs on the plug needed?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,789 Posts
Hate to bump the thread, but I have a question about plugging the back of the plenum. I have been using a rubber plug, but with the heat and cold and pressure they keep cracking and dry rotting. I would like a more permanent solution, but have some questions.

The OP said he used a metric pipe plug. Does this seal by itself? Pressure tested? Need to use Teflon tape? Also, does anyone happen to have specs on the plug needed?

Thanks!
I can grab some specs tomorrow.

·
3SNY - HondaTurtleFTW
4,723 Posts
I might do this this weekend. Hope my leak is in the vac accumulator and not the booster.

Sent from my MB865 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

41 - 51 of 51 Posts