Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to run the VIN and find out all options the car has? and things like OBDI or OBDII?

I am looking into getting a 95 VR4, but there is some question about what its equipped with. Like active exhuast? removable glass roof? obdI or obdII? I have the VIN. Was wondering if I could find these things out using the VIN? I want to find out everything it had from the factory.

·
Registered
94 Posts
vin codes

This is the link to a site that gives the codes for the vin. If the site does not come through you can access it on www.daveblack.net in the faq under misc. (just expand it) http://www.sunflower.org/~fatbiker/vins.htm So the vin will not tell you. the plate in the firewall just left of center has the infomation you are looking for but I do not know the code I am sure that Mitsubishi can determine the options from the vin I do not know if they would but they could. because they can cross reference the firewall tag to the vin and they know what the codes mean.

·
Treblick's Nightmare
3,671 Posts
94/95 cars have a hybrid ODBI/ODBII ECU that sucks for datalogging because you can't monitor knock.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So they do make dataloggers for them, but they just dont monitor knock? Do they not make data loggers for 96+ VR4s?

·
Treblick's Nightmare
3,671 Posts
96 and up is ODBII compliant and I believe that dataloggers are available for them, but don't quote me on that.

My understanding of the 94/95 cars is they can only be logged with expensive dealer only equipment. Once again, I could be wrong as I only remember reading bits and pieces of info about them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.