Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need alot of help!!!

Here it goes, some of this may sound weird. First of all I love this car, but I'm at my end....It seems every part I need is a f***ing dealer item, meaning mucho $$$$$$.My struts are shot and can't find replacements. I've had my cv shafts replaced and I still have loud popping from the front end. when the car is hot you have to turn the key several times very fast to get the starter to ingauge.I spent $2300.00 on a tranny rebuild 6 mo. ago. Now you have to rev it up to 6000 rpm to make it move. It sits at the repair shop now and are being told it's driving fine????? The first time it would not go I found it was 2 q low on fluid. Then the 2nd time the level was fine but the fluid was cloudy looking. Could this be a clogged filter this soon after a rebuild? Where did the fluid go?It's a 92 es dohc.automatic, 144,000 miles. Also, will a cooler thermostat help all the oil burning. Or to some it all up, how much is this car worth as it sits?

Thanks for any help, Moneypit............

·
Registered
557 Posts
run it off a cliff:D j/k........fix it to a "sellable" status.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
$3000.00 american dollars.or Would like to trade for a 2nd generation camaro/firebird in decent shape.Even swap!!! The car looks good but needs work. It's been a daily driver of mine for about 5 years.

Thanks for the reply..........

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
You're complaining about your Stealth not being realiable so you're going to sell it and buy a Camaro or Firebird?:confused:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I want something "I" can work on. Not a p.o.s. Jap crap!!!! 2 hrs. to change plugs, for example. $ 500.00 for cv shafts for another. I could list stuff like this all day. But I can't right now, I have to spend the next week working on this wonderful of "American" car.

·
Registered
557 Posts
moneypit said:
I want something "I" can work on. Not a p.o.s. Jap crap!!!.
uh oh,i can see the flames are being lit......

·
Wizard of NOS
1,047 Posts
moneypit said:
I want something "I" can work on. Not a p.o.s. Jap crap!!!! 2 hrs. to change plugs, for example. $ 500.00 for cv shafts for another. I could list stuff like this all day. But I can't right now, I have to spend the next week working on this wonderful of "American" car.
You need to take your sorry snivlin ass back to where ever you morons come from!

You come on to a site dedacated to these cars and call them a POS, your a grade A moron. If you dont want the car sell it to the guy who offered you $3000 for it. Then go out and buy yourself a 4.6L mustang W/ a warranty.
That way you'll be fords problem and not a pest on our board.
Now begone before you eat up anymore bandwith!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Idaho potato,

Your just sad someone calls it like it really is. Some of these cars are great and some suck ass!!!!! If you would have bothered to answer some of the questions that would have been nice. I know you have to get to school soon so this subject is closed, for good.

·
Registered
832 Posts
if your worried about getting your hands a little dirty, get another car. In fact get a damn honda, they are prbly the cheapest cars around, so you can actually take them to the dealer to get worked on. If you have a 3S expect to do some work on your own man, I think most of the people on this board do all the work to their cars, not only to save money, but because we love our cars. Fix it, sell it, let someone else who appreciates the car own it.

·
Detroit RiceCop
659 Posts
He said it in the description:
"It's a 92 es dohc.automatic, 144,000 miles."

1 - 17 of 17 Posts