Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is the situation. 3 weeks ago, i sold my 3 chrome wheels to a guy named mike scofield. i shipped them c.o.d. and had insurance on them. my local service center told me to ship the wheels as follows: fill out one(1) c.o.d. form with the total of the c.o.d. ($475) and put that form on one of the three boxes. then label each box, '1 of 3', '2 of 3' and '3 of 3'. so i did.
today i received one of the packages(a wheel) that was returned to me because the receiver(mike) did not have the funds available-the wheel that had the c.o.d. form on it- . the only problem is that ups delivered the other two packages because they did not have a seperate c.o.d. label on them. so mike has my two wheels and i have no money. ups says that i was misinformed about how i sent the c.o.d.(they say that i should have had a seperate cod label on each package). what can i do?
ps. i'm not implying that mike won't make things right with me(because i have not heard is side yet), i just want to know what to do.
what makes me nervous is that i tried to get mike's phone # from info and there is no mike scofield listed at the address he gave me?

[This message has been edited by kcalvano (edited December 29, 1999).]

·
Ex-VPC Headbanger
1,954 Posts
When you put 1of3 etc. on the boxes, you only needed to fill in one form. The labeling defined a "set" and that set was accepted as such by UPS. I had a similar problem this summer but on the receiving end. Only 3 wheels out of a set showed up. UPS took 5 months but eventually cut me a check for $1000, the insured value of the complete set.

Ask to speak to a supervisor and let them know you will take them to small claims court if they don't make things right.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts