Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the difference between the Blitz and RC Injectors?
Which is the better controller, the S-AFC or the AFR?
Supra, Denso or Walbro fuel pump?

This is all i need to upgrade fuel correct? Also EGT/AF/BOOST guages?

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
hey pearldemon, im at the same point as you are with my car, so i figured id share with you what ive been told so far. i too was thinking about the s-afc, but then i was pulled towards the arc2 unit, and it looks pretty darn good, esecially with the maf upgrade available you can get for it. also, to my understanding, you can run larger injectors with this unit than you can with just a seperate afc. as far as pumps and injectors go, im anxiously awaiting an answer to those questions myself;) anyway, just thought id share what i know even tho it aint much:)

·
Senior Member "Go Pig Go"
3,086 Posts
dude..karlo..why not ask us chicago guys...theres enough of us modded rolling around

i would go with the rc for price reasons....the denso injectors instead of the RC if you rather spend more

go with the s-afc instead of the afr...easier to use..and you can adjust your hi-lo settings and throttle %'s

supra pump flows more than the walbro ...but not that much more....the walbro can be found for 105 new

denso..hmm..no...expensive and the supra and walbro are better and cheaper

get a boost gauge...pick any brand you want and style and units...your pref

egt gauge...same thing

a/f guage...the split second ARMI or the jumptronic A/F gauge

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input guys!

Ro: heh i thought id get more views if i put i posted a new thread here. next time ill be sure to post ?'s in our big chicago thread :D .

oh.. btw.. got any good deals? i remember you were talking about injectors before? :confused:

·
Boost Junkie
945 Posts
wouldnt you want to get like an MSD knock alert? Knock = bad :(

·
3,086 Posts
the msd knock alert is a peice of shit......engine noise sets that POS off.

·
Boost Junkie
945 Posts
isnt it better than nothing though? you 2nd gen's cant get the pocket logger

·
3,086 Posts
actually its not ....the members who have used them curse MSD.....use an EGT and a a/f gauge like the ARM I or the jumptronix

also..only the 94-95 cant log...the 96 and above can

cant log knock but you can read timing and o2 voltage and other info.

·
Boost Junkie
945 Posts
well i knew the newer ones could log, just anyone after 93 cant log for knock. that sucks then

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
not sure if this question requires more information, but, i have seen that 550cc injectors are pretty popular and used with turbos of different sizes.. my question is this, say i wanted to upgrade to the dr500s, what size injector? 550? and say i went to the 650s, would i need bigger injectors or could i stay with the 550s and get just as much out of the turbos as i would with bigger injectors? im asking because from what i understand, the arc2 unit allows for use of bigger injectors without upgrading ecu, where a seperate afc with stock ecu cant handle more than 550s. so i am just trying to get my facts straight i guess. ive been waiting for a thread like this to come along:D

·
650's installed, yea baby
659 Posts
I think the consensus is that if you want to boost more than 20psi on DR650's you will need 660 injectors. Might be able to though with Alchy/water injection, but 550's will cover ya with most of the turbo upgrades out there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts