Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
the edit feature timed out on my first post and rather than burying it I thought to keep it organized and all in one post.

reference the thread here: http://www.3si.org/forum/f35/silicone-hoses-all-them-692426/

Remember that you have the best selection, cost, and quality silicone hoses here: http://www.siliconeintakes.com/

Here is an overview of what you will need (based on all threads I gathered): 10ft 3.0mm or 13ft 3.5mm, 5ft 6.0mm, 6ft 8.0mm, 2ft 10.0mm
(you may want to get a few more ft just to be safe)

Plenum connections: (check valves must be present in new hose so take it out of the old ones)
-Plenum Rear right nipple to Clutch Booster (MB892600) (10mm [3/8"]) (has a check valve inside which prevents air to blow back into clutch booster) 9.0"
-Plenum to Rear left big nipple to Brake Booster (MB857312) (10mm [3/8"]) (has a check valve inside which prevents air to blow back into brake booster) 9.5" ***the bend in this may need more length than what stock length was just fyi...plan for maybe 6" more.
-Rear Left SMALL Nipple to RAIL 6 (3.5mm [9/64"] ID) 4.5"
-Front Left Nipple to RAIL 1 (6mm [1/4"]) 4.0"

*NOTE: Rails on TB are numbered according to pic attached*
RAILS(left side connections of the TB when installed):
-Rail #1 to Bypass Valve/BOV (6mm [1/4"])22.5"
-Rail #2 to right nipple on Fuel Pressure solenoid (3.5mm [9/64"] ID)
-Rail #3 to 'T' connection from lower nipple on EVAP purge solenoid (3.5mm [9/64"] ID)
-Rail #4 to 'T' (actually looks like a 1) left nipple on EGR solenoid (3.5mm [9/64"] ID) 1.3"
-Rail #5 to 'Y' (upside down and angled left) right nipple on EGR solenoid(3.5mm [9/64"] ID) 1.6"
-Rail #6 to left nipple on Fuel Pressure Solenoid (3.5mm [9/64"] ID) 8.3"

Right side of RAILS: (these hoses are 3.5mm [9/64"] ID from what I see)
-Rail #1 to left front Nipple on Plenum (6mm [1/4"]) 4.0"
-Rail #2 to Fuel Pressure Regulator 6.0"
-Rail #3 to "P" (on TB) 3.0"
-Rail #4 to "A" (on TB) 3.0"
-Rail #5 to "E" (on TB) 4.25"
-Rail #6 to Rear left small nipple on Plenum 4.5"

Front Valve Cover Connections:(when facing car hood open)
-PCV Front Valve cover to lower Plenum (MD151892) 6.0"
-Valve cover Crossover Hose (MD347321) (10mm [3/8"]) 10.5"

Rear Valve Cover Connections:
-PCV Rear Valve cover to intake bubble (MD168014) Valve(8.2mm) bubble nip (7.5mm) 14.75"
-Valve cover Crossover Hose (MD347321) (10mm [3/8"]) 10.5"

EGR Valve: (most of these hoses are 3.5mm [9/64"] ID from what I see)
-Lower Nipple to '1' connector to EGR Solenoid 9.2"
-Upper Nipple to 'T' connection from upper nipple of EGR Solenoid 7.75"

EGR Solenoid:
-Left nipple connection to '1' 6.0"
-Right nipple connection to 'Y' (upside down and angled left) from RAIL #5 and EGR Valve upper nipple 7.75"

Waste gate (boost) solenoid:
-upper nipple to rear intercooler intake hose nipple by rear turbo 11"
-lower nipple to '1' connector to both waste gates 7.5"

Waste Gate Actuators: (the nipples on them are 4mm)
-These both connect to the '1' between the Waste Gate Solenoid plan for about 6.0" max on either one

BOV/Bypass Valve: (6mm) MD151603 (91-93) or MR127622 (94-99)
-Small Nipple connects to both waste gate solenoid and intake Plenum (uses a T) via RAIL # 1 22.5"

Purge Control Valve:
-Top nipple to 'T' (upsidedown in manual) from EVAP solenoid
-Middle nipple to '1' (top of the '1') from EGR solenoid
-Lower nipple to '1' (left of the '1') from EGR solenoid

EVAP solenoid:
-Lower Nipple got to 'T' (upside down) and out right side to Rail# 3 2.0"
-(Top of 'T' to upper purge control valve) 5.75"
-Upper nipple connecting to the check valve to Bottom of purge control valve.

For all the other hoses:
-Windshield Washer Bottle to rad cap = 04.0mm 19.0"
-Radiator Hoses = 33mm-34mm (1.25"-1.5" ID)
-Y pipe nipple = 6.0mm (uses a restricting "pill" to help increase boost spool up. [hose has red ring on it stock to indicate pill location] You need to have this if you are keeping stock boost solenoid) 16"
-Y pipe intercooler ends = 44.45mm 1.75" OD

I also found there were 4 more metal rails that travels under the TB and water housing and is right next to the turbo intake sides.
(if looking from front of car to back of engine 1..2..3..4)
1- (yellow/blk) to EGR solenoid 'T' and rail 3 Left = 4.0"
2- (red/blk) to EVAP 'T' and rail 4 Left =10.5"
3- (white/blk) to wastegates and solenoid for them =3.125"
4- to 'T' between EVAP Solenoid and Purge control valve bottom 10.5"

I did not do the other side or the lower rails as I ran out of smaller silicone hose and did not need to change it at the moment.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi kdude22, thanks for putting this guide together! I have a 1993 VR4 and it looks the previous owner replaced the hose marked in red that connects to the y-pipe. The new hose is not marked and it doesn't have the restricting pill you mentioned. Just about everything is stock on the vehicle. I've been googling and searching other posts for a picture of the hose to see where the mark is. I found one fuzzy photo that looked like it had the mark on the far end of the hose from the y-pipe. Is this correct? Also, I found the link to Oakos Automotive that has the .8mm restrictor pill from one of your previous discussions. But I'm unsure of which direction to install it. Could you please help me out?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If I remember correctly the restricting pill was towards the back of the plenum (like you were saying far end from the y-pipe).

the flow should allow the vacuum from the y-pipe to the plenum but not back the other way. restrictor pills should only allow one way flow but best to it before you shove it in there. I believe it was about 3-4" from the far end of the hose but that may not matter.

Also note, you only need that if you have the stock boost solenoid.

I'm going off a 4 year memory of this since my vr4 has been down from some time since this post.

Best of luck!

Hi kdude22, thanks for putting this guide together! I have a 1993 VR4 and it looks the previous owner replaced the hose marked in red that connects to the y-pipe. The new hose is not marked and it doesn't have the restricting pill you mentioned. Just about everything is stock on the vehicle. I've been googling and searching other posts for a picture of the hose to see where the mark is. I found one fuzzy photo that looked like it had the mark on the far end of the hose from the y-pipe. Is this correct? Also, I found the link to Oakos Automotive that has the .8mm restrictor pill from one of your previous discussions. But I'm unsure of which direction to install it. Could you please help me out?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply and extra info kdude22! I tried posting a reply yesterday, but I guess it didn't take.

My car is pretty much stock aside from the previous owner doing the "Free Boost Mod" mentioned on Stealth316. So the wastegate solenoid is missing the little plastic restrictor plug. All the other solenoids are stock and I haven't modified the boost at all. I assume I can still use the restriction pill in the y-pipe hose? Hopefully this hasn't damaged anything on the car :/

Thanks again!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts