Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need two of these since im a DOHC right??? Also will putting these in my car lower my torque like some people say or will it stay the same and just raise my high end power?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
The Unorthodox Racing cam gears are a set of 4 (Dual Over head cam, 2 for each) :) It will mainly increase high end power, but from what I am told, they really make a difference.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Now the question is how do they make the power? I'm just curious as to what they actually do. My assumption is they just modify the angle slightly so you get a change in duration ... but that's just my guess. Anyone with this modification care to comment? I want to do it when I do my Timing Belt in the spring, but I'm not convinced it's worth it.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Each sprocket is CNC-machined from lightweight 6061-T6 aluminum billet and is adjustable +/- 10º (advance/retard). These sprockets are accurate to within 1 minute of a degree.

In addition to the contouring, lightening holes are added for additional weight loss. Ultra Time Race sprockets are lighter than the OEM pieces. Tolerances are held to within .001".

The outer cog sprockets is hard-anodized, preventing wear from the timing belt. They also utilize a 5-bolt locking pattern with stainless steel hardware. Combine this with exceptional tolerances between the center and the outer cog and you have a sprocket that will provide a lifetime of worry-free adjustment and reliability.

Hope this helps.

4,448 Posts
they do not allow for change in duration, that would be a whole new cam that you would want. it adjusts the degrees of timing on each individual camshaft. for example, you can advance the intake slightly and then retard the exhaust. they are adjustable 10 degrees in each direction.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Yeah that's essentially what I meant (I just used poor verbiage). Regardless so the user has to do the modification/tuning, these aren't just bolt on and bam you get 20HP. That's all I wanted to know, and without a datalogger or dyno this is all but useless to me. I'll just put the money into getting the reground cam shafts which will give me the performance I'm looking for.

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts