Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed on your website it said you would have under chassis braces coming soon. How long are we looking till you debut those pieces, I'm very interested in one?

-Jason-

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Interested.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
That is a question now isnt it. lol Ive been working on these for some months now and everytime i make a little progress i get sidetracked and start something else. The worst part is that now its raining and the weather sucks. so until i can either move the car inside or wait for a weather break i wont be making much progress.

ill be sure to post up a thread when i get around to working on them though.

thanks,
chris

·
Living the dream
660 Posts
here is the chassis bracing I had on my srt-4. I have my chassis guy who does the stuff for all my cars working on something now for my 3s. Hopefully, theirs is something along the same lines. The idea behind it is to allow the suspension to do more of the work, and the chassis to flex less. After the install of mine, the best way to explain how the car handled, is that it was much more planted. Over bumps, around corners, just over all more planted.

These were just spray painted, as they were just made for a jig. All of his stuff is powder coated. Mine were powder coated alittle darker red. Here is a one off front brace.

·
ATL
7,617 Posts
^^ Joe's would have to be chromed

·
ATL
7,617 Posts
Even I know that would be a waste of money haha.
Joe with the no go on chrome?? Hmm I'm shocked. True it would be a waste but I figured you like the shiny factor.

·
3S Surgeon
2,818 Posts
I'd get some.. even tho I'm just NA.

·
All crew to the lifepods!
240 Posts
I'm not sure seam-welding wouldn't be more effective also in terms of the weight gained. But those braces sure look awesome and obviously seam-welding is far more complicated!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts