Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Does the check engine light illuminate at startup? Your car has one of the "hybrid" ECUs, between obdi and obdii. If the cel doesn't come on, it's an ecu issue almost guaranteed.

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk
When you say illuminate at start-up you are talking about when you initially turn the key, not after the car starts running. Correct.

·
3SNY - HondaTurtleFTW
4,792 Posts
When you say illuminate at start-up you are talking about when you initially turn the key, not after the car starts running. Correct.
Yes. I should have clarified. Sorry.

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Does the check engine light illuminate at startup? Your car has one of the "hybrid" ECUs, between obdi and obdii. If the cel doesn't come on, it's an ecu issue almost guaranteed.
Never had a check engine light on. I think the ECU may be ok only because the car runs good now. It had awful hesitation and it just sounded like it was dying the entire time 2 weeks ago. After replacing the spark plugs and changing the rubber pieces on the injectors it sounded much better. After cleaning the MAS, it now accelerates without hesitation while on idle. Things are progressing well so the ECU should be ok. I'll be looking for a leak since I did notice some anti freeze liquid on the floor ... maybe the white smoke is coming out because of that. I'll be checking for lose hoses this weekend.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts