Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok everyone. I just picked up the plenum earlier today and had a chance to test everything to and make sure it fit good. im pleased to say that it turned out really really nice, and fits like a fine italian made leather glove. they are now finally ready for sale. Also weve decided to not make them out of steel, we worked out a deal with our welders and found a better way to do the aluminum. it costs a little bit more than we wanted but the end result is well worth it.

Price is set at $650 shipped. Anyone that wants one is more than welcome to email me and let me know.

thanks a lot,
chris

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
can you get any dyno numbers? Does it use stock TB?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if the people that buy a plenum want to dyno their car and post numbers then please do so. i am unable to dyno one myself.

and yes it uses the stock throttle body.

and for anyone thats would like one with the throttle body on the drivers side... that can be done also at no extra charge.

chris

·
Premium Member
2,391 Posts

·
peopleofwalmart.com
1,709 Posts

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Can you please post some pictures from other angles/distances?

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
can you make these to use an oversized throttlebody?

·
Verified Eagle Scout
1,653 Posts
does this one put the TB out further then the stock one? cuz it appears so. If so, would there need to be any modification to the intake hose for it to fit properly?

·
Advanced Tech?
5,512 Posts
does this one put the TB out further then the stock one? cuz it appears so. If so, would there need to be any modification to the intake hose for it to fit properly?
don't know how it can be more obvious... you can't have access to the plugs with where the throttle body is now, so he moved it. hence the whole point of the new plenum.

also wondering about using a Q45 TB. was hoping for steel, but i guess if aluminum's all we've got might as well upgrade that as well.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ill take some pics of different angles as soon as i can.

i can make them for an oversized TB if i know the size to make the hole and also the width from bolt to bolt.

yes the Tb is out a bit further than stock. but only a little bit. it shouldnt hurt a factory intake setup at all.

·
Norcal3S.com
4,596 Posts
can we see more pictures of it installed

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
here ya go. sorry the pics suck. had to use my phone.

also sorryt he metal is so dingy looking. the aluminum hadnt been cleaned and wire brushed yet. ordered product will be much nicer.

·
Registered
626 Posts
i think you should make a thread about this... i wonder how the throttle cable would work with this throttle body. and also about the tps wiring... i wonder if their tps sensor works on a 0-5v range like ours... ok i am not trying to jack this thread so this will be my one and only post. but you should make a seperate thread about this bigpete :)

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yes but we are still waiting to hear back. and yes it should fit under our strut bar. it did when we tested it.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
yes but we are still waiting to hear back. and yes it should fit under our strut bar. it did when we tested it.
Hey what up Chris,
I was just wondering when Im going to get the plenum, Its been a while now and I need it to finish my engine I dropped in...

Thanks

1 - 20 of 56 Posts