Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
vr4stealthrt
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im the guy that posted a message of my car running and smoking.. WHITE SMOKE... and running like SH*T so i did a compression test and the cylinder reaaad 91psi and all the other ones read between 145-150psi so i knew what cylinder was failing.. so i took out the head and all but the VALVES seem fine and not leaking.. the piston seems fine.... the head gasket looks ok... so WHAT ELSE is there to check>>>?????? im taking the head to a machine shop tom to do a pressure test... U guys have any clue what else could be wrong :-(

·
your mom
303 Posts
White smoke, I still insist that is coolant being burnt in the combustion chamber, cracked block or head gasket. If it were the head gasket it would be relatively obvious as you looked at the deck or the head base (not the gasket) if there was coolant travelling in as it would leave a mark where it was going through. The other place could be cracked block and that can be MUCH less obvious, sometimes not even recognizable by the naked eye in a worn out engine. The only way to tell in such a case is to strip the engine down entirely and have it magna-fluxed. Best of luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts