Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Masshole
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the BOV last week and I've always heard that it wasn't that much louder than stock. But I have to say that this thing is loud. It has a huge whoooooosh and then I get kind of a whistle but not really after it that lasts a good 2 seconds. People look from all around. Does this kind of describe what you guys are getting from noise out of urs? The screw is in about half way so I think its tight enough. My peak boost is only about 14.5. So basically it just seems a bit wierd for it to be that loud.

·
Grrr, baby, grrr
6,116 Posts
Who told you that the Type-S wasn;t much louder than stock? Mine was quite loud ... I couldn't even hear the stock one :).

·
Masshole
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't say as though I'm complaining about it being loud. In fact I am quite pleased that it is much louder than I expected. However is that whistle a normal thing after the initial whoosh is done?

·
Grrr, baby, grrr
6,116 Posts
Yeah.

You should hear a whoosh, followed by a whistle, with the Type-S.

·
Grrr, baby, grrr
6,116 Posts
No problem. Someone else may be able to verify this for you more:

blackbird, kalla, ruiner..

·
Retired
12,235 Posts
Yep, I confer. Pretty darn loud and whoooosh...whistle. Sounds really good at 17psi! I miss my vr4 :(

·
Dog Is My Co-Pilot
4,082 Posts
Mine sounds more like a mouse being strangled than a whistle. :eek:

·
Grrr, baby, grrr
6,116 Posts
That's your dog farting, Dan. You gotta quit letting him ride shotgun.

·
Dog Is My Co-Pilot
4,082 Posts
akira410 said:
That's your dog farting, Dan. You gotta quit letting him ride shotgun.
Really? No wonder Speeyuk didn't want to ride in my car any more. And I thought all along that it was him! :eek: :D

·
Grrr, baby, grrr
6,116 Posts
DanF said:

Really? No wonder Speeyuk didn't want to ride in my car any more. And I thought all along that it was him! :eek: :D
Strangely, Mel seemed to like riding in the car...

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
akira410 said:
You should hear a whoosh, followed by a whistle, with the Type-S.
Yes, that about sums it up. The whistle went away for me when I set the BOV all the way over to the "hard" setting .. I have about 3/4'' of screw sticking out of the top of it right now .. that seemed to work the best ..

Another thing you can do is, go into the intake tract where the BOV returns the air .. there is this restrictive plastic tee looking thing inside there .. just yank it out .. the BOV is MUCH louder now :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts