Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
MI SCUZI! MI SCUZI!
6,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I recently got some advice and figured out that I'm gonna make my SL a Twin Turbo, after a long laundry list of parts I need I'm slowly buying them all. Now my problem is I'm still gonna have 10.1 compression and running stock 9b's with a Turbo ECU which I think will pump 12psi is gonna be WAY to much for my car to handle and break some shit. So How can I tone down the 9b's to run 5psi? Can a boost controller do this?

Neo

·
Banned
9,895 Posts
LOL, hahahahahahaha, LOL, hahahahahaha, LOL, hahahahaha

don't disconnect the wastegates, that will give you absolutely zero control over boost. Unless you want to ship your car over here for a rebuild :).

you're gonna want a boost controller anyways, so just set it at like 6 psi and you'll be ok. I don't think the stock wastegates will really open much lower then that.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Check with Brian @ GTPRO. He converted my SL to a twin turbo with a 10:1 compression. He would know the limits of the engine/fuel system.

Ryan

·
Registered
350 Posts
NeoValentine said:
TT engine... 3k. Parts to make mine a TT 1500. :) I think I'm good.
1500 with labor? Or are you doing the dirty work yourself :D

·
Just Bring It
2,835 Posts
Hans, if I pick up the parts, how much to install them. Thus far, i have the ICs, and piping, Fuel pump and injectors.

For the rest, I guess I need a Boost controller, fuel controller, Turbos, Downpipe, manifolds, oil lines.... is that it?

JB is using the stock Manifold, and ECU and MAS. So I think it is safe for me to do that also

·
MI SCUZI! MI SCUZI!
6,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll do it myself, I gotta learn how to some way. Actually a good friend of mine is a mechanic, he'll be helpin me and in exchage I'll give him my PS2. :)

Neo

·
Just Bring It
2,835 Posts
Sweet! I will try to gather parts during the winter. I was planning on buying a Turbo Talon AWD(with the new Garett Hybrid Turbos that are out, they hit Easy 11s), but I might be axing that Idea. I am shifting between the two

Hmmm, if I buy a first Gen Turbo Talon, then I can afford to do both

Tuan

·
Registered
724 Posts
Whats up with that Ron?? Im going to help you out too.

And no i wont sabatoge your car just so i can still be fater then you :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts