Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Hey! Does anybody know how to get a hold of this guy? I would love to know where he got that TT set-up. I was looking for one or my Firehawk in 96' but none around so I opted for the Lingenfelter 383! Lets see! 440hp/430 lb. torque. + Twin Turbo= Holy Shit! Please help me find him. Thanks!

·
High Boozemaster
1,600 Posts
i dont know the guy, but if i can remember next time i see him i will try to find out where he got it. i doubt he will be driving it this winter, nor will i be driving my car through the snow, so next time will be in the spring

F

·
0 Posts
Ok I think I found out about this Twin Turbo Firehawk. I asked some of my Firehawk friends about it. The TT systems is a INCON system. They have true full ball bearing shaft support. The turbo's are water cooled. On a stock Firehawk guranteed 450 rwhp, you can upgrade to 550 rwhp kit. If this is the same guy his Firehawk is #80. Price for 450 hp kits is $4500 and 550 hp kit is $5500. Not that bad.

·
No surrender!
2,270 Posts
G'damn!
Thats a badass car.

The FireHawk is the Car. Not the bike ;)

·
Bored User
8,535 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Hey 91VR4Z, I envy you! You got a 2002 Hawk! Got pics? Did you go the forced induction option to give you 345hp? Man your lucky! I was going to get one but dealer wouldn't give me crap on my 96 hawk w/ 383 LPE. BASTARDS!!!!!! Take care of her!

·
your mom
303 Posts

·
More Than Meets the Eye
4,632 Posts
There was a guy at our local track last night with a twin turbo LS1. He was running traction limited 12.40s @ 117. It was a killer sleeper - you can see NONE of the turbo setup under the hood. It looks like a cold air intake.

·
Aghhhh
9,731 Posts
10.9 at only 10 psi. He's got a total of 40k into the car. 30k for the car itself, 5k for the turbo kit, and 5k in driveline mods and mis things (roll cage, frame braces, rear end gears) I think it's pretty funny that this RWD "stone age redneck mulletmobile", with a turbo kit that's barely a year old, is beating everything we've had in the last 10 years :p

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
sweet firehawk 91vr4z. Were those pics taken from the civic arena parking lot? We should do a pittsburgh gathering come spring if there are alot of members from pgh

F

·
0 Posts
Hey 91vr4z very nice car. Couldn't have choosen a better color. Very nice pics. BTW they were only going to give me $12,500 for my Firehawk. I know its paid for and would have made a good downpayment but it's worth alot more than that. The Lingenfelter rep. told me at least $20,000. I'm not sure what I could get!? See what you think:
1996 SLP Firehawk White 6spd.
added: Lingenfelter Performance 383 (440 hp/430 lb torque)
Lingenfelter Performance 6spd. w/ 3.73
Lingenfelter Performance brake package
Lingenfelter Performance Bilstein stage 3 upgrade
shocks, bushings, sway bars, strut tower brace, sub-
frames.
Lingenfelter Aluminum drivesaft and full driveline
protection package.
Borla tuneable exhaust
Lingenfelter Firehawk wheels (fr) 17x8 (r) 17x10
Other things were added like custom stereo and recently just added the custom Pearl white paint job to match the stealth.

F

·
0 Posts
I'll get a pic up. Thanks for the info. I was thinking about keeping it and doing as you said. Does the 0% apply to Firehawks? Have to check it out. But I am still debating on supercharging it or as of recently adding twin turbo's:D. Not sure how much horsepower/torque the driveline can take though. Keith Allen of Lingenfelter is suppose to call me back Monday about the driveline info. He told me that GM has Lingenfelter doing 5 Chevy SS's and 5 Firehawks. Thats all he said. No other info with it. He told me that 9 are spoken for as of last Friday. Ought to be nice. Once again thanks for the help.

·
resident evil
17,080 Posts
One question??? Why would you want to trade in a 96 for a 2002 anyway? I owned a 94 T/A and after going tot he dealership to buy my GP, they look almost the same cept for the hood. The whole interior is almost the same except my 94 GT had better seats then the newer car. That 383 has to be putting out almost 400 horse right? Add a blower to it and call it a day! AFA the driver is concerned, the twp cars are the same. LT-1s are better for forced induction then LS1 because of the way the heads are mounted. LS1 motors suffer from blown head head gaskets when you put the boost to them. I read on LS1.com that the studs that hold the head down flex too much because the threads are down further in the block.

Sam

1 - 20 of 24 Posts