Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after collecting most of the parts for the project....I'm still not sure about how to get more fuel to the engine. If I go with the FMU I have to stay with the stock injectors, If I go with the S-afc I can upgrade to the vr4 injectors. Any oppinions on the matter? How do you open up the waste gate actuator(looks like a disc shaped box) and change out the spring? I want to set both the turbos to open at 5 psi, then I can just get a manual boost controller to up the boost.

·
Premium Member
1,597 Posts
Go with the S-AFC and upgrade to the VR4 injectors. Did you upgrade the fuel pump too?

·
I'm HISPANIC dammit!
1,783 Posts
Dude...

I'm running stock injectors with the FMU and I'm running REALLY rich at 5psi. I have an AFC waiting to be installed so that I can LEAN out my curves. :)

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Marvin, Thanks again for hosting that get together....had a great time. Were you planning on running the safc with the FMU or were you getting rid of it in place of a regular fuel pressure regulator? BTW, what was that guys name who has that junked car?

·
I'm HISPANIC dammit!
1,783 Posts
I'm using it in conjunction with the FMU. I need to lean out my curves. Hmm, now that you mention it, I don't see any need to have the FMU if I use the AFC. I need to ask Geoff.
Glad you had a good time. Too bad it rained. That really killed the timing for the burgers. :mad: That guy's name is Gian. We call him Jonny. He just started work with us like 2 months ago.

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Super C said:
Hmm, now that you mention it, I don't see any need to have the FMU if I use the AFC. I need to ask Geoff.
Can you please post Geof's answer when you find out? I was wondering if the FMU is still necessary after using a fuel controller too. I would have to think you wouldn't need it anymore.

J

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could you ask him how much he wants for the tranny or give me his contact info. I'm really interested in it if the price is right and its in reasonable condition.

·
I'm HISPANIC dammit!
1,783 Posts
Sure.

Call my room mate. He should be home. Ask him all the info. He knows more about it than I do. You have a pm.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Guys help me out...what is an FMU???:confused:

·
I'm HISPANIC dammit!
1,783 Posts
F-uel M-anagement U-nit. It senses an increase in boost and dumps more fuel into your system accordingly.

edit: yes it means rising rate fuel pressure regulator. I just hate typing it.

·
og
4,293 Posts
keep in mind there may be a possible problem with running low resistance injectors with a set-up originally intended for high resistance and vice-versa; search out "injectors" and you should be able to see what i'm talking about.

hey super c,

i had thought that geoff ships out a fuel pressure riser with the system. what type of fmu are you using? i assumed you were running the stock fuel maps from your ecu... from what i am planning on doing i will need the s-afc, a fuel pressure regulator (which senses boost and reacts accordingly) and higher flowing injectors and pump; that should be sufficient for fuel management.

alright, well that's my 2c, safe travels everybody.

- mike

·
I'm HISPANIC dammit!
1,783 Posts
He does...

I just don't know if I'd need one for my particular setup. Eventually I'll have to find some way to get bigger injectors though. I'm not running enough boost, yet.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would think that the S-afc would be good enough without the boost sensitive fuel regulator...............I believe thats what geoff said. It senses the air coming in and controls the fuel curve to compensate.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts