Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 92 rt tt from stealth nark. The car didn't come with a turbo timer and I would like to add one to prolong the life of the turbos. Which turbo timers do you recommend and why?

thanks
trev

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
I like the HKS TT Type 1. Why? It's fairly priced, looks nice, and has alot of good features (battery voltage, turbo timer, mph, rpm, 1/4, 1/8, 0-60ft, 0-60mph, etc.). The installation was easy too, another plus.

·
Registered
683 Posts
what he said....

jrink said:
I like the HKS TT Type 1. Why? It's fairly priced, looks nice, and has alot of good features (battery voltage, turbo timer, mph, rpm, 1/4, 1/8, 0-60ft, 0-60mph, etc.). The installation was easy too, another plus.
I completely agree....I love my HKS Turbo Timer Type 1.....it looks really nice compared to the other brands that I have owned and one feature I like in particular, is the dual stage rpm warning (aka, shift light).

They come in three colors (Black, Silver, and Purple.....black rocks by the way, I like it better than my Silver one) and BE SURE to get the US spec version or you'll be converting your G-tech-like features from metric to standard all day long!!!!

Good hunting!!!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Someone educate me,

What is a turbo timer, what does it do, and is it absolutely necessary?

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
I have a used HKS type 1with harness for sale. Used but in good condition. Make an offer

·
Registered
989 Posts
make sure you can have your fan running while the car cools without the ignition key in it...because you're only heating up the car for a minute before it shuts down if the fans are not hooked up to the turbo timer too.
Ric

·
Registered
580 Posts
a turbo timer is an electronic device that cools down your turbos
even after your car is off to extend the life of your turbos.

pretty much keeps spraying em with oil even after you leave your car and the shuts off after a while..

hope this helps

ps its not necessary but its a good safety tool
you can also just sit in your car for 30 seconds before you turn off your car off

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
I would go with the hks type 1. Because it will be cheaper than the rest since I am selling a used one:D

·
Registered
449 Posts
This is my first post for the forum, I hope i am doing this right although it does not lood to difficult. But to the point of what turbo timer to buy? I think that the HKS TT type 1 is the way to go. I installed mine about 3 months ago and it works great. Like everyone said it has a bunch of functions and they all seem to work rather well.

Well I hope this helps!

·
Registered
683 Posts
i know these guys ahve been raving about the HKS... but you might consider the blitz DTT if you need a boost guage as well... i just ordered mine, got it for 140 shipped WITH harness... here's the link... these guys will agree that 140 is a hell of a deal...

they also have the HKS on sale if you are interested...

http://www.gruppe-s.com/Specials/ttimers.htm

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
German-autowerks has the best price's on everything. I love them

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Nope, sorry! German autowerks has got'em

·
Registered
79 Posts
Vr4me-does your TT have a harness?
Bluv69k-what color is your TT?

I'm in the market for a TT, but it has to be black with a harness...who will give me the best price shipped?
Tony
:devil:

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
vr4me is black but mine is the silver j-spec. I never used all that stuff anyway. only the timer and voltage monitor

·
Registered
352 Posts
questioin

Hey guys, can you elaborate on these features: im in the marker to restore a TT and i like this timer, but what do these functions do, 1/4, 1/8, 0-60ft, 0-60mph, etc???? i have been so busy with school lately, havent been on for a while.

thanks a lot!!
Neill

1 - 19 of 19 Posts