Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my HKS Type 1 turbo timer installed and it seems to work great besides a few things...

1. It doesnt read the speed which means i spliced the wrong wire or didnt get it spliced right or something right...

2. The RPMS it shows are a lot higher than my tachometer shows why does it do that?

3. Also when I turn off the car and let the TT shut it down when my lights are on it doesnt turn off my lights when it shuts down the rest of the car, unless my door is open, whats that about??

Also just a question, if I have the TT in like RPM mode when i turn off the car does the countdown part still take place, as well as the other way... If i have the mode turned on speed or something, will it still warn me about rpms?

Thanks

·
Registered
154 Posts
make sure you cut into the right wire, there isn't a wrong way to splice, but the best and easiest is to get "vampire" clips as i call them. it holds a wire that yoy need to connect to another wire, and the other wire doesn't need to be cut or anything, you just put this one, pinch it down, and it got conneciton, that is how i did my security system, and it saved me tons and tons of time. Another thing you might want to check is that you have all wires hooked up right and you did a correct bootup sequence at the beginning for the first time you turned it on. I had problems before and it was because i didn't follow all directions exactly.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
:stupid: :yum:

i pledge allegiance, to the sig, that is of inspiration!!!!!:D

i didnt know whether to read what u had to say or just watch ur sig.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Matti said:
I just got my HKS Type 1 turbo timer installed and it seems to work great besides a few things...

1. It doesnt read the speed which means i spliced the wrong wire or didnt get it spliced right or something right...

2. The RPMS it shows are a lot higher than my tachometer shows why does it do that?

3. Also when I turn off the car and let the TT shut it down when my lights are on it doesnt turn off my lights when it shuts down the rest of the car, unless my door is open, whats that about??

Also just a question, if I have the TT in like RPM mode when i turn off the car does the countdown part still take place, as well as the other way... If i have the mode turned on speed or something, will it still warn me about rpms?

Thanks
1. Probably didn't splice the right wire, or the supplied vampire clip didn't make contact with one of the wires. Happened to me with the parking brake wire. Get some good 3M clips, and your problem will likely be solved.
2.You probably need to set the RPM meter to "learn" mode. Instructions for doing that come with the TT.
3.I dunno.

The timer will countdown no matter what mode it is in, except for "off". The warnings only apply to the mode you are in. So if you are in speed mode, it will only warn you about speed, not RPM.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Mr. Roboto's right. As far as #3 goes, that's normal. The headlights are related to the engine not the key. So, if the engine is still running you can do whatever you want with the doors but once the engine stops the door has to be re-closed.

As for that signature, I have to say that you better remove it before you get banned. Somebody sitting at work that tries to help with a turbo timer problem shouldn't have to get fired because your sig is not work safe.

Just take the gif and make a NWS thread and put it there :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.