Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97 3000gt (SOHC), what parts would i need to turbocharge it. I'm planning on getting parts from another VR-4. Is this worth it? and How much would this cost? Thanks!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Run a search on "Turbo Conversion"

Look for anything posted by "Ekonizer"

Etc............

Bottom line: fairly to very expensive depending on how much you can do yourself. Results can be impressive, but not a task to be undertaken by any but those who know their s$%@. MOST people just save their money and buy a TT.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Dude, I'm working on a tt set for my car and guestemistate the price of parts will be around $1000-$1500. Considering how gtpro wants and $7000 for their tt setup and knight turbos wants $3000 for their supercharger, I'd have to say I'm saving a bit of money here..........even though both companys sell good kits. Email me for a parts list brian from gtpro created awhile back....its on my computer at home. The only problem I forsee is trying to figure out where all those damn vacuum hoses go and how/where to setup the lines for the waste gate actuator lines to..............right to the turbo outlet or use a T-fitting and right to the y-pipe. any suggestions? I wouldn't have began to attempt this project if it weren't for Matt at Dynamic racing suggesting using vr4 parts as opposed to selling me an expensive tt kit.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TT setup

Yeah $8000 is way too much for turbos because you can just buy a used VR-4 for that money. If you get the turbos installed how much boost do you think you'll be be able to run? As far as working with turbos i'm clueless but i was going to have a friend of mine do it. Can i have the list for the needed parts? My e-mail is [email protected] THANKS...

·
Registered
772 Posts
I'll send you the list tomorrow (Sunday), I'm out of town and the list is on my computer at home. As for boost, the general consesus was no more than 7 psi. Remember that due to the higher compression ration of the n/a engine, we cant run the 15 psi boost the vr4s are capable of without some serious upgrades or lowering the compression of the engine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.