Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i threw the haltec ecu into my 3000gt with a fresh motor. How ever i cant get her to start up and i think its tune related. Dont have a base map for the base model 3000gt so of anyone has one or knows a tuner in the SW florida area whos good at tuning these, send me a message. Thanks

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No i wired in a elite 550. I looked it up put the tune on my car but it wontfire. With the 550 it only has inputs for 4 cylinders so i had to make. A batch fire set up. I wired 1,4 2,5 3,6 together. But in the ecu when i try to set up batch fire. It messes with the settings for fuel, and qont allow me to use the bqtch fire set up. Qnd for the turbo tune. For a base map id only have to scale down the fuel, im just not sure how much more fuel a turbo car requires compared to a N/A

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Do you have any trigger errors when cranking? What did you set TDC offset to (75 should be correct based on the trigger events but I ended up at 77 and the quick guide showed 78)? How do you have the fuel injectors wired (quick diagram that you can post would be good)? What do you have the injector settings at (size, current, etc.)? How about the primer and cranking fuel settings? You can either screenshot everything or just post your tune here (might need to zip it first).

If you cant figure it out call Haltech and they can setup a remote session and take a look as well, they are very good at being able to look at the settings and get it fixed.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wasnt aware of that. On the haltech start up guide i was referred to(on another one of my posted. Belive its titled really bit this bullet ecu.) He said change dead time, flow, and cc size on fuel side. On ignition he said just set it to the Mitsubishi 6g72 crank. Ill make up a diagram of my wiring

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So ive figured out im not getting spark. This is my first stand alone and ive never touched a tuning software before 3 days ago. Any advice to help me make sure the tune is going to start the car up would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
You need to set the number of cylinders to 6 instead of 4. Also need to change the number of injector outputs to 3 and then do semi-sequential with shared-opposing cylinders.

On the trigger errors, I was getting the same thing until we changed the trigger type to something else that would let me change the home signal edge to falling and then change it back to 6G72 (you also shouldnt need the "strong" pullup resistor, just the standard).

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So did a bit of work. Got in touch with haltech and they told me the problem is im running a 550 with 4 inputs instead of 6. They said i can make it work but i need a better trigger plate. The motor is a 92 so it has the 2 in 1 sensor and was wondering if anyone knows a trigger plate that will work or another solution.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know in the 94+ the trigger plate is behind the crankpully with the crank sensor. Is the 92 trigger going behind the CAS or behind the pulley like in the 94+

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
The 91-92 CAS houses both the cam and crank triggers on the throttle body side run by the rear bank intake cam. 93+ went to the separate sensors on the timing belt side mounted on the crank and rear bank exhaust cam. The trigger plate I linked is designed for the early 91-92 CAS setup.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
It goes inside the CAS, not behind it.

This is inside a DSM CAS but it will look basically the same inside (other than the number and size of the holes in the plate).

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Pull the front screw and the crank sensor, swap the plate and put it back together. Any way to make sure it stays on the correct tooth. Or is it not going to matter.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts