Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does it take to just do all the engine management work on a laptop inside the car? instead of buying a datalogger and all that...

·
Registered
422 Posts
You need an AEM EMS (and an Wideband O2). Then you'll be able to tune your engine from your laptop. It's expensive tho.

ZB

·
Registered
580 Posts
i dont recomend getting that kind of system unless your a pro(and i mean a PRO) it looks good and all but its no walk in the park.
but yea good luck

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
damn....I thought it would allow for more options that a smaller processor/memory based system couldn't handle...so for those of us who don't care if it looks cool and aren't pros what should we use to do the more intense tuning needed to get the most out of the more major upgrades?

·
Me Tarzan..u Jane
4,002 Posts
thats why you have the pro's dyno tune it for you, so you dont have to be a pro...

·
No longer a 3/S owner.
3,402 Posts
how fast do you want?

how damn fast do you want to go? you could run 11s and probably get your car completely tuned in an afternoon! you'd need an ARC to run the fuel and a BC of some kind. Not a whole lot more, I don't see the need for an AEM unless you're looking for single digit time slips.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
If you're even half way decent with wiring stuff, I'd say get a VPC and Super AFR. I'd imagine it'll cost as much, and I (personally) would trust HKS more than Split Second (ARC2 manufacturer). Plus, I've heard of some pretty bad lumpy idling problems and stalling with the ARC.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts