Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am offering a tuning service to 3SI starting at $45 an hour. I will tune whatever system you have. I have experience with many Stand-Alone systems, and the theory carries over, if it is a system i have not used the first 2 hours will be free for me to get oriented with the system. Please do not feel that because i havent used a particular system that means it is not safe for me to tune, an IGN map is an IGN map no matter what system you are using and so on.

In the near future i will have my own wide-band lamba sensor to tune with (sometime in the next 2 weeks). i will NOT tune a car without a wideband i do not think it is a good or accurate way to tune and is certainly not worth paying someone to do

If i have already talked to you about tuning your car for less or free you know who you are and you will always have that benifit for being one of the first people willing to take a chance on me an allowing me to prove myself to the community... and a big THANKS to you guys :D

If you want to see my work just take a look at mellons dyno chart, i tuned "boostaddicts" car, the dyno plot will be updated shortly it should be 660awhp at 27.5 psi on C16... you will also see some pics of the clutch from that dyno session shortly :eek:

·
most people SUCK at life
1,609 Posts
i will probably be getting with you sortly about this but first i have to get my car running again im near flint so its not that far of a drive.

chris

·
Registered
17,547 Posts
pengulns2001 said:
In the near future i will have my own wide-band lamba sensor to tune with (sometime in the next 2 weeks). i will NOT tune a car without a wideband i do not think it is a good or accurate way to tune and is certainly not worth paying someone to do

I think you're stretching it a wee bit trying to say that narrowbands are that worthless. I think I've made more than enough power... LONG enough... SAFELY enough... To prove that NBO2's are not nearly as large an obstruction as you make them out to be.

Simply a difference of opinion, I'm not here to start a flame fest.

Now go get 700 whp in Wayne's car.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha you asked me for numbers last time so i got the :) ... anyway im not saying narrow bands are worthless... clearly you have proved that wrong

BUT im am not comfortable getting payed tuning someone ELSES car with a narrow band especially if they are going to be trying to push the limits, a proffessional tuner wouldn't and if im getting payed to i shuoldn't be either

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
If the car doesnt have a wideband then you need to tune it with one. If it's got a standalone, It's useless to tune without one anyway. 02FB > you.

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
I typically don't ride the bottom line on doing automobile stuff, but I would rank the value of a wideband way up there. I won't tune at all without one, but I have one just for tuning other people's vehicles, so it's a skewed opinion. You can get a good safe tune without one, but you could also like the Backstreet Boys and not be a girl; possible, but not my style.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah, thats why im getting one... i actually have one i just have to have it sent to me here and make a removable harness for it

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
I am offering a tuning service to 3SI starting at $45 an hour. I will tune whatever system you have. I have experience with many Stand-Alone systems, and the theory carries over, if it is a system i have not used the first 2 hours will be free for me to get oriented with the system. Please do not feel that because i havent used a particular system that means it is not safe for me to tune, an IGN map is an IGN map no matter what system you are using and so on.

If i have already talked to you about tuning your car for less or free you know who you are and you will always have that benifit for being one of the first people willing to take a chance on me an allowing me to prove myself to the community... and a big THANKS to you guys :D

If you want to see my work just take a look at mellons dyno chart, i tuned "boostaddicts" car, the dyno plot will be updated shortly it should be 660awhp at 27.5 psi on C16... you will also see some pics of the clutch from that dyno session shortly :eek:
back from da dead, do u still tune AEM V2 ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts