Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey my buddy bought a 95 Z28 and runs his mouth alot...how do you guys pull against the V8??

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
A stock 2nd Gen TT will be able to hold its own from a roll and win decisively from a stop. A stock 1st Gen TT will have trouble from a roll (might win or lose) and should still do just fine from a stop. The LT1's were good for about 250HP/290TQ to the wheels which is pretty good and comparable to us. However we have AWD which will win us our runs from a stop. :)

V

·
0 Posts
I run againts Camaro LT1 0-80mph,and I won by 1 car length.
My only mod is K&N FIPK.I'm not sure about the Camaro.

·
Registered
349 Posts
i raced a lt1 on the highway with a 1st gen vr4, and slowly pulled away from it. Starting from about 60, i was inching away. Once third gear came, i started pulling harder. So, if you can take em on the highway, you can take em anywhere! or something..

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have never had any problems with Z28s. I have raced them from rolls, stops, uphills, downhills, and even in reverse. :) You should have no problems if your car is healthy. I have a 93 VR4. Even stock it was no problem. Good luck!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just drive it right

As long as you know how to drive your car, no problem.

Make sure you're in the right gear if you start the race from a roll on the freeway. You want to be starting the race at around 3000RPM from a roll, some like to start higher. I like 3000 because that way your turbos are ready now and you still have lots of RPM/Gear to run out til you shift.

I recommend you guys race twice, once from a dead stop, another on the freeway starting at say 60.

From a dead stop, say a traffic light, make sure you're on level ground so you can take your foot off the brake. When the other light across from you goes yellow, press down on the accelerator a little bit and watch the RPMs.

I recommend you rev to at least 2000RPM, then when the light turns green slip the clutch out (you don't have to drop it), and once you feel it catch you can let the rest of the clutch out completely first, then mash the gas pedal.

You can rev higher from a stop if you like, the higher you rev, the more you'll beat him off the line. Just remember it's not that good on your transmission (as with any car).

- Matt

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Your car will have to be running tip-top to take it from a roll. (1st gen. with stock boost) And from a stop, just to play it safe, let it rip around 4-4500....not to harsh though ;)
later,

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks....i will keep ya posted on the results....probly looks like it will be 50/50 in the end.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts