Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently own a 93 3000gt and I am bothered by the cheaters dual exhaust. I want to ask for anyone to help me find away to make it real. I want to split it at the headers, so then it will be real. I also need a price for this, since I cant spend to much, but am willing to spend some money to make it a true dual exhaust.
Help.

·
Me Tarzan..u Jane
4,002 Posts
I got a quote for doing it when I was trying to deside what I wanted. A true Dual or straight back then Y off to both sides...for the True dual you have to pull the entire exhaust and start from the Precats. Depending on what you want like High flow cats and mufflers is gonna change the price some. For me I wanted straight 2 1/2" pipe all the way back with 2 high flow cats and no mufflers just dual tips (like stock) and it was gonna run me around $800. I desided after doin a lot of research that an aftermarket downpipe w/ straight pipes back to a Y is good for over 600hp and that is about what I want when I get done with everything. So I'm opting for the single pipe back to a Y. since it is lighter and cheaper $350 for DP, $60 for tips $100 for Highflow Cat and $150 to do the piping and install everything. So it comes out to just about $660....

·
Registered
595 Posts
flow

I can't remember for sure, but I was thinking about going true dual also, but it seems that the weight difference was pretty significant. The true dual will weigh a lot more. From a purely flow standpoint, your lightest option for best flow would be 2.5" off your turbos, y-ed into a single 3.5" pipe and then split back into either a pair of 2.5" or 3.0". I calculated this up and the flow is better using the 3.5" section than a single 3.0" like I have now.

Good luck,

h82luz

1 - 3 of 3 Posts