Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Large Member
6,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, I swear. I only have one lock nut left on my car, it's on the passenger front wheel. The key stripped, so I couldn't change out that strut/spring. I think to myself, "ok, just do the other 3 and take the car to a shop and have them take off that luck nut and do that one later.."

Go to drivers side front wheel.. one of the lug nuts is cross threaded on the stud and won't come off.. So that takes care of the front.

I go try the rear. finally, after about 45 minutes, I get the passenger rear shock/spring assembly off the car. I take it inside, compress the spring, and try undoing the nut on top.. the damn thing keeps spinning.. so I check out Jeff's site, and it says to use a large wrench to hold the big washer while you loosen that nut.. so I don't have a set of pliers that big..

So, no Intrax for me tonight.. Looks like I'll leave this one to the pro's.. I don't have time while it's light outside, and I certainly can't those lug nuts off.. why not just let them do it all!!

:(

·
Only Tonic is Chronic
1,549 Posts
Just have my Bro do it, I dont know how much he would charge you, but he will do it.

·
is dominating the race!
7,527 Posts
lets just swap cars, then you can have intrax and kyb all around ;)

plus the asthetic appeal of the deathsled

·
Registered
636 Posts
you should have used impact wrench helped me alot =D and i had 2 people ... me and a friend.. kinda hard for a 1 person job

1 - 5 of 5 Posts