Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I just picked up a 92 stealth twin turbo. Gears are grinding, especially 3rd. The car came with a “supposedly” good used transmission. I really don’t want to risk putting it in to find out it has the same issue. I’d like to find someone close enough to not have to ship the trans. I would like to have it opened and at the least have the synchros changed. I’m located in canton Ohio. I have read about a member, donniekak, who is close enough to me, but I can’t direct message him without posting to the forum first. Any suggestions would be helpful!

· Registered
263 Posts
These cars can be very pricey and that transmission/ transfer case are proof of that. Many people have worked hard to get parts made that for many years were completely unavailable. If you read some old posts the synchros are a perfect example.
Mr. RealMcCoy gave you good advise. Going to someone who offers a discount price and you will find out how that saying goes....."The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

P

1 - 4 of 4 Posts