Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two things...Its final, i need a new transmission.

My parents say that a manual costs more then an auto.

I need to know average prices or good prices for this. The place I took it to says $600 in labor and the mitsubishi place they got a quote from says $1600 for the tranny. This seems really high dont you think? The labor seems good and they do good work. If I or you can find a better price for a rebuilt manual or auto tranny then it would much be aprreciated by me.

And please give me some tips into trying to talk my parents into giving me permission to go ahead with the manual instead of a new auto. Because if we get an auto, then there is slim to no hope of it ever becoming a manual tranny car.

·
Here Alot
2,366 Posts
Not sure if you are close to Kormex or not. I would tow my car to there. I am sure they are cheaper than Mits. dealership. but not sure if they install tranny or not. Give them a call

·
Crazy Member
592 Posts
Going to a Manual will cost a pretty penny too, when you add in shifter, cables, clutch lines/hydraulics, pedals (brake AND clutch), and possibly different tranny mounts. Probably missing some other stuff, but that's probably minor. You will also have to hack the inhibitor switch (semi-simple if you can read wiring diagrams).

Go with a manual if you have a parts car to scavenge from, that would be the best bet... otherwise, give Gary at www.mitsubishigraveyard.com , he has a lot of A/T schtuff for most any "mitsubishi". Tell him I sent ya.

If you REALLY want to, price out the conversion to M/T through him too, but I find the A/T to be a lot less problematic than the M/T's. What exactly happened to your tranny? Have you checked the TCU for blown capacitors? Maybe it's something simple.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The tranny has about 95,000 miles on it I guess its just old. Its hella hard to get it in 3rd and when it gets there it wont downshift. The place that did my engine transplant says I need a new one cuz the one i have is definately gone.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
because it goes up and try's to get into 3rd and feels like its in nutral cuz the RPM's go way u pand u have to keep pumping it to try and get it to catch. Thats why its hard to catch

1 - 6 of 6 Posts