Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
joined 8/26/2000
154 Posts
q2418130103p said:
hey guys, what i dont get is that everytime I bring my car to the dealership to get it checked, they go onto their little computer and look up my vin and say that theres no recall open on my car.

now, ive done the reports on my car, and there is no recall service listed, it also doesnt say that it needs it either.

was the recall only listed on some VIN's?
No need to go to the dealer. Get the answer straight from the source.

Mitsubishi

or

Dodge

If you didn't get a recall notice, then make sure Mitsubishi or Dodge knows that you're the current owner of the car. Contact them and make sure they have your name and address. Sometimes their records aren't up-to-date.

·
Gear Head
3,262 Posts
The recall is for all AWD 3/Ss. When they say there are no "open" recalls on your vehicle they mean that it has all read been done. However, if your TC begins to leak again, then the recall should be performed again. It is a life time warrenty. If they replace the seals on the TC, then you should get some sort of warrenty period like 1 year 12K miles or some thing.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Bret Brinkmann said:
The recall is for all AWD 3/Ss. When they say there are no "open" recalls on your vehicle they mean that it has all read been done. However, if your TC begins to leak again, then the recall should be performed again. It is a life time warrenty. If they replace the seals on the TC, then you should get some sort of warrenty period like 1 year 12K miles or some thing.

I went to take my recall to be done and the service advisor said they know nothing about it and if it isnt leaking they will charge me $95. I said to him its a recall you have to look at it if its leaking or not and he replied "If its leaking we will take care of it, but if it is not we will charge you a fee of $95". I took off of work and school just to go there and have him tell me they wont fix it! I also told him that Mitsubishi America said you have to fix it because they recalled the t-case, he said to me "well this is Global Automall, not mitsubishi america", I said yea, just an outlet. What a prick this guy was. Anyone want to call him up and piss him off. Tom Nesbit is his name, and screwing people over is his game, (908)757-5000 ext 452. Now I have to wait a few more weeks to get it done, I just probably wont.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Could I goto a dodge dealer instead of mitsubishi? The closest mitsu dealer is an hour away while the dodge is 7 minutes.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
good question, but im gonna bet no....

if they are nice they might inspect it for you, but i doubt they would be able to do any work for you under recall, but hell, what do i know.

·
Registered
662 Posts
maybe we can get mitsu to recall the idiots and asses (some exceptions ofcourse) workin at the dealership as well, replace them with knowledgable service techs who wont dick you over every chance they get,

·
Gear Head
3,262 Posts
atl3kgt said:
maybe we can get mitsu to recall the idiots and asses (some exceptions ofcourse) workin at the dealership as well, replace them with knowledgable service techs who wont dick you over every chance they get,
I tried to get a job at the local Mitsu dealership and the closest I got to being an official Mitsu tech was working at the same dealership that happen to have the Saturn service contract being a Satrun tech. Evenchually that dealership lost the Mitsu service contract and went full GM. The only official fully certified Mitsu tech in town would then call me up regularly on the phone when ever he had a 3000 in the shop.... Oh well.... Their loss not mine.... You guys think 3S's break down? :p You should see what I see (and make a ton of money off of) at the Chevy dealer I now work at. :D

ubnpast - So that wasn't a Mitsubishi dealership you went to? That guy does sound like a jerk. If it wasn't a Mitsu dealer he should have explained that only Mitsu/Dodge dealers can perform the recall instead of being rude like that. And even then, a Mitsu has to go to a Mitsu dealer and a Dodge has to go to a Dodge dealer. No Dodges at Mitsu or vis versa, period.

·
Registered
5 Posts
im not sure if this is the same thing i am expieriencing, but when i downshift i get a little bit of shake for about halfway through the down reving, and then it decels as normal. just bought my first vr4 tonight, had sl before and wanted the vr4 :) i know the guy said that the t case leaks, does mopar HAVE to replace this at no cost?

·
Premium Member
9,109 Posts
Depends if the recall has been preformed or not. And it all depends on the dealership. Some will and so won't. Do they have too, no, the time frame for any recall is 10 years... and we are past that since the initial recall was issued. Some dealership will also require proof of "scheduled" maintenance. And then some will do with no questions asked. Where are you located, maybe somebody can chime in with a good dealership.

·
Registered
5 Posts
port saint lucie. with a 91 vr4. just hope to get this taken care of. also. is that the noise i am hearing while downshifting ONLY. noise and shake halfway through downshift

·
Premium Member
9,109 Posts
I would suspicious of the driveshaft carrier bearing or even the u-joints. If you can get your car up on jackstands, see how much "play" there is in the driveshaft by hand.

·
Premium Member
7,049 Posts
LOL.. seven year necro bump...

The car has been in service for 22 years... Expecting the manufacturer to fix anything for free at that point is insane.

Particularly since you aren't the one that handed them $35k in 1991...

Unless you already have a relationship with a mitsu dealer that has motivation to make you happy, and get something like that covered under goodwill, I wouldn't hold my breath...

·
Registered
149 Posts
My T-Case leaks, It's not bad, but enough to cause concern.
I've put at least a quart of fluid in since December.

Does anyone know where a good -super cheap- reseal kit is?
I've already paid an arm, leg, & other unmentionable assorted body parts into it...

Also, another thing I found out about the recall is all they mainly did was check fluid level and refill, even on leaking ones, so they didn't have to pay out.

I was told my TC case recall service was completed.
Why does it drip when I park then? Fail...

·
Registered
5 Posts
u joint would seem like it could be a usual culprit, but in this case it just seems not to fit. basically from any gear when i downshift, will shake for just a moment, and then stop, but not before the full downreving of the engine is over. the car has been completely overhauled by a shop with stock oem parts, complete motor rebuild. even stock turbo piping, i mean this thing is STOCK the free boost mod hadnt even been done yet, nor the cats gutted. he said it never had that problem until he got it back from rebuild. i hope this maybe brings ideas. but other than paint it is perfect!!

41 - 56 of 56 Posts