Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Transfer case input seal

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  C6GTO 
#1 ·
Guys I need your help once again. All your help so far is much appreciated. Installed transfer case input seal, but it keeps tearing the sides of the seal. How do you guys do it? Or is it normal for this to happen?

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
That's what I noticed as well was the edges where it has been hit with something. That'll catch on the seal. I'm not sure what the depth is supposed to be off the top of my head but that may or may not be installed too deep. You can download the Getrag service manual from 3SX for free and it should have the specs in there: Tech - Manuals! Service, Technical , Reference | 3SX Performance Home Page.

#5 ·
That's what I noticed as well was the edges where it has been hit with something. That'll catch on the seal. I'm not sure what the depth is supposed to be off the top of my head but that may or may not be installed too deep. You can download the Getrag service manual from 3SX for free and it should have the specs in there: Tech - Manuals! Service, Technical , Reference | 3SX Performance Home Page.
Chris has a great article that shows the correct depth.

Reactions: C6GTO
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.