Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the best option of what to do about my transmission on my AUTO sl. I plan on just about anything i can do to my car including the supercharger and all those shananagins. I've read that a level ten transmission, cooler, and torque converter would make it a little quicker than the manual n/a stock. Then I also heard about the gtpro tranny kit at a fraction of the cost, but am in need of replacing my tranny anyways..so i might as well go all out for the level ten. I considered the manual swap..but thats just a pain in the ass. What should I have done in terms of upgrades while the tranny is out of the car? Would the level ten be the best plan on a tranny to handle over 300?

Also, what else would be needed on my SL to be able to make a 300+ hp sl reliable?

·
Registered
330 Posts
IMHO

The GT-PRO kit includes:
Torque Converter
Re-calibrated Valve Body
Overdrive Clutch End

The Level10 PTS kit replaces front and rear clutch with kevlar units, and basically all other soft parts.

You should get both, but even then beware of your differential. Its a soft spot on these autos. You could get a Quaife LSD unit installed in your transmission: talk to Pat Barrett at LevelTen about that. It will ensure reliability AND help you get your power to the ground.

The price tag on all of that stuff isn't cheap, but that's what I believe it would take to ensure long term reliability of the 3SI automatic transmission past 300hp.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts