Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible switch auto tranny to manual on 94 base model.??If so how much would cost new or rebuilt 5 or 6sp tranny...?thx guys 4 any info

·
HIGHRISK
501 Posts
It's possible. What it would cost I dunno. Because you'd need a new transfer case, clutch, all that stuff.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
OH yeah it is definatly possible, many people on the board have done it. If you go to Mitsubishi they are going to charge you anywhere from $5000 to $8000 for everything. You should just go to the junk yard and start picking at 3000GT's. Or you may want to wait and check if anything comes up on the boards Parts On Sell section. If you could get all the stuff for a good price all you have to do is get charged for installation. So in the end it could cost you anywhere from $2000 to about $4000. Beats Mitsu's price uh. HEHE:D

·
is dominating the race!
7,527 Posts
you need to talk to SilverBullet, he did the bargain swap in his driveway, easily cost him less than $1000 im sure. You can only get a 5speed, you'll never get the 6speed AWD tranny on there...well you will, but good look making the rear wheels work with it, hehe.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Yeah ..... the 6 - Speed wont work. HEHE :D ..... And there is a guy here in NJ that told me he can do the swap for $1000 he is a friend of the families so I was guessing with the parts and all it should cost you $2000 the most. ;)

·
Here Since 2000
3,707 Posts
GUYS

LoveMy3kGT has a BASE model car with a auto trans.
Esc He won't need a transfer case.
dr. phill the 6 speed tranny will not work for him it is a AWD trans.

LoveMy3kGT if you want to know more about this swapover do a
on it and also search by the name of hans91gt or just hans I believe he has made up a complete list of what would be needed to be collected and bought to make this happen.

·
The Blank Man
1,161 Posts
talk to Hans, he has done it a couple times

·
Registered
772 Posts
the cruise control wont work after you do the swap.....just a heads up. Hans said he might work on that problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts