Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Evil Trucker
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok heres the deal. When i leave for school in the morning, i drive down the road, and for the first mile or 2 when i shift, its really tough going into gear, and seems to grind a bit. Is this the norm, or what, and what i can do to fix it? Any help is greatly apritiated

·
Registered
237 Posts
looks like you've got yourself a problem.
It might be, well most of the time synchros worn out, so you have to replace them, which is a hard thing to do, most of the time people just change whole trany, which runs $3k-$5k.

OR

you might have your clutch not fully disengaging, check for clutch fluid, and try to adjust clutch pedal.

And do the search on this forum with words trany problem or similar, you will get a huge amounts of info.

P.S. trany is weakest part of our cars

·
Evil Trucker
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well doesnt that suck balls

Ok well I figure I can stretch this tranny out for a bit. Ok get this i love my car, and figure that when it comes time for a new engine, i will put a j-spec tt engine in it. So Would it be possible for me to run a vr4 tranny (speed) and keep it front wheel drive, or possibly convert to rwd? or am i just completely out of my mind?

ps. right now its a 94 base 3kgt
Thanks again

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
Change the tranny fluid. And let the car warm up in the mornings. It takes some time to get the Tranny fluid to warm up.
Or is it hard to shift all the time?
Try a 50/50 mix of Redline MTL & MT90.

-Jeff

·
Evil Trucker
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No , only in the mornings. Where do i get redline from, i have heard about it, but the local autozone doesnt carry it, but they dont carry alot of stuff anyways. I guess thats what happens when you put a store in the middle of nowhere.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.