Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Hunter...
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I did a search and MIGHT have found out the cause of this....

I have about 2000 miles on my new oupput shaft and rebuilt transmition. My car makes a really nasty sounding grinding noise when I dis-engauge from a stop into first as it starts rolling. ( I was told it was the RPS CC clutch...) Now when I am in third and downshift into 2nd at about 40mph, I hear the same noise and can feel it in the clutch pedal. I got under my car today to hear where the noise is comming from ( I can hear it faintly at idle) it sounds like its comming from inside the Tcase. I was at the shop when the Tranny was getting put back in the car. Could this happen due to not enough fluid in the Tcase? He spilt quite a bit out and I dont remember if he filled it back up again...
I had an output shaft go out on me in 52 miles after everything got rebuild. I had to take it back and I orderd a kormex 18 spline shaft to put back in. There is oil/tranny fluid on my Tcase and Tranny, I dont know if it was b/c some spilled out durring install or what but its there. I have a feeling that something is messed up b/c of him...Does anyone have a audio clip of what the noise from the RPS CC sounds like so I can see if that is what I am getting? Any sugjestions?

·
Hunter...
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah guess I could do that...aslo I had one of my friends pull the ebrake and slightly engague it so I could crawl under the car w/o it moving and the noise is coming from the tranny/tcase area for sure.

·
Hunter...
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TTT....sorry, but I just wanna see if anyone else has anything different to say that what I read.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.