Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Just watched a touring car race. BMW picked up 5 of the top 6 places and picked up the manufacturers chapionship! Wow. Bmws are pretty good. I think I saw one car with an Apexi N1 muffler. Not 100% sure, but it looked like that. The race was at Road Atlanta for any of you in Georgia. The cars basically looked like they were pimped up street cars to the extreme. Looked pretty cool. I wouldn't mind having that as my job! :D Anyone else watch it?

·
Member# 2310
2,638 Posts
I guess your talking about the Speedvision GT Championships yeah I love to watch those races. One day I'll be rich and start my own team full of 3/S's and other cars of course. I'm pretty sure I saw a Supra in there to bad it finished like 47 out of 50. And the ones it beat were the cars that crashed.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol... That's too bad. There was evena MAzda Protege and a Mazda 626 that were doing alright. Granted, when cars get that modified, it depends more on the modifications than the car, right?

·
Member# 2310
2,638 Posts
I think I saw what your talking about. It came on again after a few more shows. There was like Honda's, Mazda's, Neon's, etc. racing. My g/f and I were like Why???. Whatever makes them happy I guess but I personally wouldn't try to make a Honda a race car.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't see any Neon's, but maybe in the re-broadcast they showed some different cars from the field or something. Anyway, it looked pretty cool, since the cars were tuned to the max, basically.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
cotmfk said:
Anyway, it looked pretty cool, since the cars were tuned to the max, basically.
One day I'll have the money to be able to throw money at my car(s) and have them tuned like that. Kinda like getting 750HP out of an NSX in Sega GT without a super/turbo charger ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts