Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

TOUR/SPORT light flashing after KYB install... fix?

321 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  JeremyG 
#1 ·
Well i replaced the front struts with KYBs and now i get the TOUR/SPORT lights flashing. What do i need to do to get these to quit flashing. The rear struts are OEMs, the front are now KYBs. Is there anyway to stop the flashing lights, and keep the back shocks working?

#2 ·
i'm sorry to say but, No. hope that help ya out. well unless you are a wiring genious and figure it out.. if so please tell me because i look at that tour/sport light flashing. I have tried and tried on how to rewire it to work but no luck. :( but i wouldn't say that im electicly inclind either.

#4 ·
The good news is the rears will default to firm.

#5 ·
yeah, just take the 2 bulbs out. I took my "sport" bulb out of my vr4 because I got sick of looking at it ( I always have sport mode on). It should only take about 15 minutes to do the entire job.

#7 ·
FWIW, I found this website and instructions on how to fix it... seems to simple, Hans probably already tried this. :)

Dodge Stealth 1991-1996
To Convert:
Remove front and rear struts activators.
Unplug the control module behind the right rear trim panel.
Remove and install the front and rear units per instruction sheet provided with units.
(http://www.shockwarehouse.com/cgi-bin/shocks/ElecSup.html)

Of course it doesn't say it stops it.. but I'll give it a try and see if it works.

#8 ·
here is your fix

if you have changed shocks to a after market shock just go into your trunk and unplug the controll box that handles the ecs suspension that will turn off the light

#10 ·
YESSS!!! The website I found (and Tigger's advice) is CORRECT!

Just unplug the computer control thing and NO MORE BLINKING!!

It's easily found... passenger side, in the trunk area... basically on the inside of where the gas fill is. There's an access panel, one screw and pull the panel (I think you need to take out the storage bin, too... mine was already out for other work).

There's actaully 2 harnesses, a little release button on each one. Just pull them out and you're done!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.