Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where to find a torque plate for machining the blocks for our cars?

If you dont know what a torque plate is, then you need to sell any autmotive tools you own and give me your car:D

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
BHJ makes them.
I bought one, but sorta decided not to lend it out unless they are in my area, maybe if there is some $ involved I might change mind... ;)
JT

·
1,568 Posts
I have seen many machine shops charge extra if you want block bored with Torque plate! I would bet many who don't know it is important to simulate the head torque on the block in order to get a perfectly round bore have not paid for it! :eek:

·
Treblick's Nightmare
3,671 Posts
How much are they? I am going to need one soon.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
xwing said:
BHJ makes them.
I bought one, but sorta decided not to lend it out unless they are in my area, maybe if there is some $ involved I might change mind... ;)
JT
Jack you are the man, no my question do you have a website or whatever for them? The place that was supposed to do my work didnt realize that theirs was missing........

Any rate they said if I lent them one, they would use it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.