Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the top speed of these bad boys? I am curious how fast these beasts will go. It doesn't matter how long it takes them to get there:p :p :p just how fast do they go?

·
is dominating the race!
7,527 Posts
in theory, i think redlining in 5th gear gets you to 145 for a sohc, cuz of the lower redline.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I used to have a 91 Stealth base 5 speed, and I topped mine out at ~135 mph (of course on an empty highway with no traffic).

·
3si Member #46
581 Posts
I had my 5 spd base model up to 135 and my automatic up to 140, and I think that was about all it had.....maybe a little more.

Josh

·
Registered
311 Posts
I've had mine up to 140 and it's automatic with the 6000 RPM redline. I had to slow down b/c of radar detector going off but I haven't tried to see if it would go faster or not . . .

·
Sport Leisure
1,110 Posts
wait, the automatics can go up to 140?? i thought since they only have 4 gears they'd stop at around 120? so how fast should my DOHC auto SL go up to?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Eventhough there are less gears in an automatic the gears are a little bit larger and pull harder and longer. But it still doesn't have as good gear ratios as the 5 speeds. The SL should have a slightly higher top speed than the 97+ base. I have no clue by how much though. :p

·
Native
3,894 Posts
Hey Slick, you lookin to get out of finding out the hard way maybe?? Or should I say fun way....:p

I'm shooting for 150mph this weekend (on a highway where only truckers are, if they're even out this weekend)

·
Registered
311 Posts
You lucky bastard . . . where I'm from we got cops everywhere. It's times like this I wished I didn't live in such a densely populated area with so many cops around. We not only have tons of local Pork Rhinds but tons of Staties as well. When you get pulled over , it's usually by a 3 patrol car minimum. One local and two staties or two local and one state trooper. Well . . .that's what we get for having the highest ticketed strip in the nation in my back yard. And this strip in my back yard is just across the NJ/NY state border that just makes the NY troopers hate us NJ racers that much more. The closest place I know of so far where I can probably test my top speed without getting caught is in the woods of PA. There is an over population of pigs in NJ and NY. All we can do is drag race and use the sideroads for dispersal. Since we get pulled at least once a week , having a clean record is a good thing. Oh believe me , as soon as I get another opportunity :D I'll be tryin to break 140. ;)

·
Registered
636 Posts
errr!?

I tried topping out my speed, i did a whooping 125 and it goes no where.... i floor my car and in 5th it sits at 5k rpm. It dosen't increase at all!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts