Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Top End Speed w/ pictures :)

2K views 67 replies 32 participants last post by  pchohan 
#1 ·
Hey everyone I was bored and driving home last night....long straight away and no one in sight...so I did a few top end runs.
This is from a a1993 3000GT SL w/ just a removed resonator and K&N aircharger.

My top end was at 137-8 mph in 5th gear The pictures are blurry but you get the idea...it was sorta hard to aim and take a picture and still hold onto the wheel. Things are completely different at that speed :) I just wish i could go faster hehe.

-Jeff

p.s - to any cops reading this...umm..."it wasn't me"

See less See more
#3 ·
I have a pic of me doing 95 in the rain. I've been up to 140 with 900lbs of people inside.

Good job! Driving the fast is fun for a few seconds then you realize that it's totally nuts and then you slow down (well at least that's what I thought). :)

#7 ·
I thought that WICKEDDREW said that NA DOHCs top out in 4th gear.

#13 ·
Our top speed is in 4th gear. They won't pull any additional MPH in 5th because the reduction ratio is too steep.

As a matter of fact, I'll do a trial run when I go pick Jamie up from work in a few minutes. I'll be going over a 10 mile bridge.

Darktrail---try to pull redline in 4th.

#14 ·
I wanna play this game too!

Here is 5th gear

then shifted to 6th

AVC-r says this was done at about 2/3 throttle and .76 bar boost

still had some room to go, but considering if someone got caught going this fast on the cop filled turnpike they would get thrown in jail, logic kicks in and removes the driver's foot from the pedal...

Darktrail said:
p.s - to any cops reading this...umm..."it wasn't me"
Ditto

#15 ·
speed

Ive hit 140 in my TT and that was only in 4th gear. I dont have pics cause I wasnt planning it at the time. As for the N/A's...I did 140 in my SL but that was in 5th. I was in a 93 ES before and it hit 155. Ive heard that speedos arent accurate over 100 but Im just telling you my experiences.

#16 ·
I don't think it has anything to do with ratios. I've had my car over 130 and it was still pulling hard. I only let off because I was getting nervous and had only gotten the car running a few weeks prior.

My car should top off around 150. Mathmatically it's good for about 160, but the real world seldom agrees with computer simulations ;)

#17 ·
I think I have you guys all beat, but can someone post it so you don't have to download it, and then maybe tell me how to do it because I don't know how

Attachments

#18 ·
it might have been off a little but what speed is 5th gear at 7k rpms?

#19 ·
Based solely on RPM vs gearing, the car would hit about 210 at 7000 rpm. :)

However, it's unlikely you car would get past 160-170 due to available hp, drag, and a bunch of other BS. :(

I think the top speed 3S record currently goes to John Hennessey in one of his tuned VR4s. I believe it was 181 mph at the Bonneville NASCAR track.

#20 ·
well you saw the picture didn't you?

#22 ·
its not photoshop!

#23 ·
#24 ·
Hobbit, i don't mean to start a war and call you a liar or anything but i think what you did is after you put new gauges in, put the needles in that way and then fixed it after the pic. The reason I highly doubt this situation is real is b/c the trip odometer is at 0...yes, 0.0....come on...if i was going 190, i doubt i could quickly hit reset trip lol.
:D
Zack

#25 ·
the little needle broke when I took out the old gauges, I super glued it back in but it doesn't work and the trip thing doesn't work either

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.