Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, right now I drive a 97 base gt, and I love it. But 4 years from now I'll graduate college and will be looking for a new car, probably for under 30k. I love the japanese muscle cars (supra, gts, rx7s, zs), but in 4 years, will they still be as in style as they are now? I can't think of one car that has recently come out that I like as much as the cars listed above. So what do you guys think? maybe a viper? thats the only one I could think of.
thanks guys,
-Chris.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I don't see you getting a Viper for under 30k unless it has alot of abused miles on it. ;) Secondly, I would personally buy a car that suits you. I personally don't believe in cars going in and out of style. If you are worried about that, well than be a trend setter. That was a main reason why I got a 3kgt, because of the rarity w/in the city. I see Mustangs, Firebirds, Camaros, Civics at a dime a dozen! True, my neighbor has a 3KGT, but I loved the car and bought one myself. It is all in what you like because you are the one that has to drive it and pay the bills for it. Not your friends or anyone else. :D

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hear what your saying, and I totally want the car that is rare and not seen everywhere. I dont follow the trends, but I do think cars go out of style. I love old DSMs (1g) but truly they have gone out of style. just my opinion though. I dunno :p
-Chris.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I think that cars that will be more "in-style" will be ones that are coming out now and kids can't afford, and in a few years, they will be affordable. I believe that in 5-7 years the typical "high-school kid car" will include more Japanese makes.

It really depends on where you live though. Right now Mustangs and Camaros are pretty popular; everyone seems to like my car, and there's only a few other Stealths in town and maybe 2 3000GTs (one in horrible shape, dunno about the other.) So I would look for semi-rare newer cars to be more popular in a few years. Things like the WRX, BMW M3s (the new 333hp ones), and probably more sub-compacts. The new Lancer's are kinda cute, but no power whatsoever. Now the Evolution, if that comes out, I'm getting one :)..

well hope this helps any.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts