Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
DR750's cool kid club!
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to both places! I took a few pictures with my little P&S G10.

Hawaii

The official fish, the humuhumunukunukuapua'a :

·
DR750's cool kid club!
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Waikiki :

Grand canyon of the Pacific :

·
DR750's cool kid club!
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vegatation is incredible :

·
DR750's cool kid club!
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
DR750's cool kid club!
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
DR750's cool kid club!
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Pearl arbour site :

·
DR750's cool kid club!
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Arizona :

Snoopy on the right :

·
Verified Eagle Scout
1,653 Posts
Lookin great! I love that about HI, the entire land seams to be just naturally photogenic =]

and the Grand Canyon is always spectacular!

With that being said, wonderful job capturing this natural splendid-ness :thumbsup:

·
DR750's cool kid club!
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I dunno if this is a condor (white feathers tips) or a Vulture :

^^^ I was a bit shy to go closer to the wall, because the rocks were kinda cracked :

And the pitch was kinda straight :

·
DR750's cool kid club!
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
DR750's cool kid club!
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got a video too :

Eric

·
DR750's cool kid club!
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A plain and simple point & shoot Canon G10. I have the casing to go underwater too (of course).

Eric

·
General & A/V Moderator
7,249 Posts
Look who learned how to shoot. Great shots bud. Did you purchase an underwater housing for the water shots?

·
DR750's cool kid club!
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks. Yes the WPDC28!

So glad I bought this, I really have a passion for snorkeling and taking pictures underwater. I can go deep without a bottle, almost every time I go snorkeling I have people asking me how I can go that deep. But I do not like to go deeper then 25-30 ft. because I burn too much oxygen to travel down and up back, so I have less time to admire or take good pictures.

Eric

·
NOTADSM
4,160 Posts
Damn you!

I was supposed to go to Maui later this year but had decided not to because of flight costs. Now I'm rethinking that decision.

Anyhow, awesome shots! I love the underwater shots. Has me thinking of getting an underwater housing for my camera now. So, what islands did you do to. One of them looked like Maui to me.

Those bastards!

I had one scare the shit out of me like that. I was snorkeling off Molokini. I dove under to follow one. It hid in the crater wall. I got a little too close and it snapped out at me. Took in a nice gulp of salt water. :D

·
DR750's cool kid club!
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was supposed to go to Maui later this year but had decided not to because of flight costs. Now I'm rethinking that decision.

Anyhow, awesome shots! I love the underwater shots. Has me thinking of getting an underwater housing for my camera now. So, what islands did you do to. One of them looked like Maui to me.
We went for 3 days in Oahu, then we went for a 7 days cruise, so we did Maui 2 days, the Big Island (Hilo + Kona), Kaui and Oahu again.

Those bastards!

I had one scare the shit out of me like that. I was snorkeling off Molokini. I dove under to follow one. It hid in the crater wall. I got a little too close and it snapped out at me. Took in a nice gulp of salt water. :D
Something like that happened to me in Barbados, I saw one that was swimming very high, about 3-4 ft deep only on maybe 10ft total, I was following it, it was pretty cool indeed, cause I was very close, then she stopped and turned back to me and opened the mouth! I kinda let her go! hehe.

This little one in the picture you quoted was filmed at Waikiki beach (Oahu) the first hour of my arrival (I went pretty straight to the water with my gear), I took a little video of it, but since it's a surf beach, I was moving with the waves and wasn't able to stay still, so the capture is not great, but here it is anyway :

We went to Molokini too, it was really great, this is where I pictured a bigger muray eel. Here is another video (not terrible) :

Eric

1 - 18 of 18 Posts