Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello 3SI admin,
I have been hunting for some DR t3 headers for some time. I was contacted by a form user named Tony89. The following conversation happened via PM.

TONY: "Hi, I will be parting my car and I have a dr header kit that I installed 2 years ago. I live in Budapest so don't know if you are interested or not.. Can ship for 1100 euro=$1250."

ME (Thor'svr4): "I would be very interested! When you part out the car please message me with some pictures of the parts and i will pay you.
Thank you!"

TONY: "Of course I'll let you know! If everything goes well I'll start parting next month. Take care.
Tony"

TONY: "Hello again, I wasn't so busy this weekend so I managed to get them out of the car. Here's a couple pics as you requested. Do you want the wastegates as well?"

"

Me: "Are you sure those are your pictures...

because they were posted by turbo since birth back in 2011.

http://www.3si.org/forum/f4/gi-dynam...er-kit-525511/"

As you can see this member was attempting to scam me. This should not be tolerated. If i had not remembered seeing these pictures years ago he may have actually succeeded in scamming me.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
tonight his story is that his account was hacked and went unnoticed until tonight... the day he is called out on his BS... yea right. :thumbs up:

·
One fix at a time
7,762 Posts
Yeah those are definitely my pics. I didn't sell the kit to him. The new owner is still using them with 2860 turbos. I wish I would have never sold it but the kit was sitting on the shelf for awhile. Good luck on finding a set for sale. I thought for sure you were going to be able to pick up the 3076 kit that was for sale recently.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried to buy that other kit. I forget his name but that seller and I came to an agreement on price so he gave me his PayPal info. He immediately stopped responding to my PMs and something didn't feel right. Im not going to hand over several grand to a stranger who cant respond to a simple message. After talking with several members it turns out he gave his PayPal info to a few people on the same day for the same parts. In the end someone else got the parts. I'm assuming I was out bid.

Then this tony89 guy messages me asking if I'm still interested in a DR kit and attempts to scam me with your pics lol. I'm not sure what's going on lately with these members acting sketchy. It never used to be that way.

·
Super Moderator
9,111 Posts
This is why we don't buy from non-verified sellers. Please people, check to make sure somebody is a verified seller if they are sending you a PM to buy their parts.

Thank you Thor'sVR4 for bringing this to our attention. He will no longer be able to send or receive PMs.

There is an easy way to check to see if a member is a verified seller, click on the member username to go to his/her profile. Look on the right hand side of the profile page, for group memberships.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts