Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

to the Gran Turismo deprived...

277 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Kenneth Ellis 
#1 ·
This is for those who can't get GT2..

I've got a copy, and a burner.

You get the picture.

I've means to make 3 copies.

If you want one (for a reasonable fee), email me...

Kenneth
orangefell@aol.com

[This message has been edited by Kenneth Ellis (edited December 22, 1999).]

#3 ·
I've got some software that'll do it fine- Adaptech Easy CD creator. I tried a "drag and drop" copy of it, from cd drive to cd burner, and that didn't work- something about the file "faulty.psx" on the "Simulation Mode" disc being access denied- I'm guessing that every file has that kind of protection. I'm figuring that it's all in the software you use to make the copy to be the deciding factor of whether or not you can pull it off.

Kenneth

#5 ·
Is this a CD-Rom computer game? Or do you need a Nintendo or something? Sounds like a pretty cool game.

Bruce
3Si #0243

#6 ·
Bruce--

It's a Sony Playstation game, but it CAN be used on a solid computer system using a software emulator called Bleem. By solid system, I mean something along the lines of a PII 300 with a good 3d graphics accellerator and 32 meg of ram. I've played 2 player GT2 on Playstation, and it bogs all to hell, but with a good computer, you can have fun with your friends, at WAY better resolution levels... same with the original. Only problem for now is, is that you need to use an older version of Bleem (1.4 for those with the software), and the emulator can't render the textures on the cars, so they look all trippy chrome colored. With that, the programmers, as soon as they get their hands on the game themselves, will prolly have a fix for that one shortly. But it's still quite playable on home PC for those looking for that route.

Kenneth

G
#7 ·
Yes, the mod chip only cost about 15 dollars. I bought mine from www.modchip.com. It isn't too hard to install, takes about 20 minutes or so. Then you can burn all the games you want (of course only the games that you own though, hehehe.) Anyway, the key to burning them is to use the maximum amount of cache available and make sure that you copy the entire CD to your hard drive and then record it. Otherwise you have better chances of getting errors (don't record it on the fly.) Hope this helps.

Stonerboy

#8 ·
Hey, I don't agree with the Burning of games but for your info.

You need to get the Japanese mod Chip.(about 60-80 dollar modification) Then you can play burned CDs, you can also play Japanese imports. I think if you have the BLEEM software, you can play burned CDs. Bleem is 30 dollars and it plays PS Games on your PC.

Tuan Luu
1994 3000GT

#9 ·
well not to mention it is illegal, but a mod chip is $14 not $80 (and is availble in the US), and it is required to play the game. You probably need an 80 minute CD to copy the game, as most manufacturers use CDs greater than the standard 74 in order to curb pirating of software. EZCD creator..well to put it bluntly, sucks. Try getting CDRwin (just search for it on any www browser and you should get a link to it) this is one of the most popular CD burning software around...

#10 ·
Oh, the legnths I go for you guys...

Well, it's foot in mouth time. Yes, my copies will need a mod chip. Those who've posted such info have shown you where to locate one. If you have one, or will get one, or have Bleem, still feel free to drop me a mail. I've got three copies, all of them work flawlessly, on what I found out AFTER the fact, was a mod chipped Playstation.

So here's the deal- I've got the three copies. First three to contact me I'll mail the discs to. Like I said, you need a mod chip or Bleem (and as posted before, in Bleem, for now, the cars are all chromey- no textures till the next update of the emulator).

And in me sending you the copy, if it works for you- if I could get 13 dollars for my time, discs and money, it would be appreciated.

And if the copy doesn't work for you or your mod chip, the copy is yours to keep, so you can find a way to get it to work, no problem.

So as you can see, I apologize for my initial misinformation, and I'm gonna make it right.

Kenneth

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.