Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... that is the question.

There's a '91 VR-4 for sale for $5000 in town and I can't decide to get it or not. It has 118,000 miles, so will need the 2nd 60k tuneup real soon. The only major problems with it, besides a lot of ware and tear, are clutch and/or transmission problems. They told me the clutch was new when the 2nd owner bought it, which was a couple years ago. Problem it, it has almost no free-play. Lifting it even slightly off the floor engages the clutch. Also, it has problems getting into 3rd gear. I know this is a great deal in general, but to my name I only have $2500 and the rest I would pay off to my parents. Any suggestions?

·
IDIC
4,390 Posts
could be as much as $3000 to get the tranny problems worked out...or it could be really simple and cheap. See if someone in your area with 3S mechanical experience would be willing to look at the car with you. It's hard to help you with a decision knowing virtually nothing about the car ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.