Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I commend you for your love and devotion to your car! I just finished doing mine and even with BOTH of them OFF the car it took about 4.5-5 hours
I can't imagine having done it lying on my back with all of that crap flying in my eyes. I guess it just goes to show how devoted we are to our wonderful cars.

If anyone wants to know here are the tools I used. (no air tools available, an air chisel would have made it a whole lot easier):

Power drill
18" long 1/2" drill bit
18" bit extender and wire brush attachment
Hammer
Long flat-blade screwdriver
Pry bar

Dan

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well it wasn't too difficult for me because I have the engine and transaxle out of the car.

Dan

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, I'm not doing a rebuild right now. I had to do the clutch and I figured if I was going to go through the hassle of pulling the transaxle I might as well pull the whole engine and transaxle together. It makes everything easy to get to. I had a few projects that are much easier to do on an engine stand than in the car. (timing belt tensioner and pullies, knock sensor, fix O2 sensor fitting, change oil pan gasket, gutting pre-cats, etc.) I also have access to a cherry picker (engine crane) for as long as I need it for no charge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts