Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i took my car to williow springs, for a intro course, we started off slow, to learn the driving line of a course, then we picked up the speed more and more, and danm my car handles fuckin awsome... i am not saying it handles better then vr4's but they dont handle as bad as people would like u too think!!!:D it was fun.... the breaking aint that bad either........

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Hey, sounds good man. I wish I could take my car on a road course but there aren't any around here. That would be soo much fun!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Did you go up with the crew this past weekend? Damn that's some fun stuff huh. My car handles so sweet it's insane. Gonna check out a front strut bar next. :)

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
Pearlr/t theres plenty of backroads to take around here. My friend goes in his miata and I try to keep up...but those miatas handle so fucking good. I have intrax too which helped the handling a little bit and having wider tires in the back.

I want a vr-4/tt so I can see how those handle.

-Jeff

·
Retired
12,235 Posts
I have likened my SL to my Jeep in handling. I guess I was exagerating a tad but when you have a vr4, the handling world becomes black and white (vr4/ not vr4).

Glad you had fun.

·
Badassical Baddage
6,535 Posts
matt92vr4 said:
I have likened my SL to my Jeep in handling. I guess I was exagerating a tad but when you have a vr4, the handling world becomes black and white (vr4/ not vr4).

Glad you had fun.
hrmm I can see a difference in sharp high speed turns, but it isn't so profound I'd liken my R/T to a jeep when comparing to my TT, maybe something is wrong with your SL? Heck, in high speed gradual turns my R/T with the front strut bar almost beats out the TT...

·
Premium Member
4,769 Posts
At the autocross at the DSM Shootout this year, I outran two of the turbo 3S's that were running, got the same time as a 3rd (he was faster by less than a second), and the other was 3 seconds faster, but had a 2-second cone penalty. I made 5 cledan no-penalty runs. If you know the car, the NA's will handle quite well. Course I've got 18's and Intrax that help out in the handling aspect :D

EricB

·
Badassical Baddage
6,535 Posts
Eric,

yeah, I hear about SLs at the Auto-X that do very well and beat a lot of the cars in their class. I really don't think the R/T or SL handles bad. The only difference between the SL and the TT is AWD and AWS, and AWS won't help any in the slower speeds anyway, the suspension setup is pretty much the same, the parts on the VR4 are different to accomidate the extra 700 pounds they weigh...

·
Retired
12,235 Posts
oh I dont think they handle bad either. I tell you what though, my intrax made my vr4 a totally different beast. Those are my 2nd favorite mod.

·
is dominating the race!
7,527 Posts
personally i like the way my base stealth handles over my mother's vr4

·
Registered
689 Posts
matt92vr4 said:
oh I dont think they handle bad either. I tell you what though, my intrax made my vr4 a totally different beast. Those are my 2nd favorite mod.
Kind of misleading to compare a modded VR-4 suspension to a stock SL and then say the difference is black and white. :rolleyes: The difference between my original stock suspension and now modded (with springs, wheels, tires, and strut bar) is night and day on the same car. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts