Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has a 99' base Prelude with cat-back exhaust and I have a 94' base 3kgt (stock),in several races with him its DEAD even untill fourth gear where he starts walking me like his neighbors collie and I feal so damn helpless... I have since added a k&n filter with dn pipe, will that do anything!!! HELP:eek:

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Dont worry about it man...this time it will be much closer.;)

What was the scenario / were both of you manual or what???;)

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
4th gear?? you were hitting 140mph or so and he start walking on you?? i thought prelude had a top speed of 140...:confused:

·
3Si Corporate Shareholder
3,784 Posts
Lord knows I've beaten a Prelude from a roll and I have less mod's than you and am only a year newer. I'd be confident about it this time with your mods.

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
doesn't something seem wrong here?? A base 3k versus a prelude. And the lude walking away form the 3k during 4th gear. Preludes don't have that high end power that would be needed to walk away from a car in 4th gear. You sure he's not modded more than he tells you?

V

·
0 Posts
What?I have driven both Prelude VTEC and 94 Base 3000 GT.
Your car shouldn't loose like that to a Prelude.Your 4th gear
should go about 135-140mph,and that is the strong spot for
our engine againts the Prelude.We got more HP,torque and displacement.

If your car is healthy,you shouldn't loose.Maybe it needs some
tuning?Good luck and keep it safe...:)

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Yeah I must say that you should have pulled away pretty nicely over 115mph. Weight does not play a advantage at those speeds as much as it does from a start.;)

·
Registered
459 Posts
before my vr4 i had a 97 prelude vtec. although i never raced a 3000GT N/A in it i can tell you that i got the car up to 145 and didn't seem like it was going to go any faster.

·
3si member #1623
1,976 Posts
I have a 91 non-VTEC lude and my top speed is 130mph with no mods... if he has a newer 99 lude? and pulled on you in 4th gear im gussing it was the beginign of 4th? Seems like you should have cought up and out ran him in the end.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had a 97 Type S Prelude... and it pulls harder in 3rd and 4th gear. If you have any type of skill at all you should of pulled ahead of him in first and second and been able to keep that lead.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts