Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What I would like to ask is: is the datalogger worth the 300 bucks? Are there any performance gains or is it strictly a diagnostics/trouble shooting tool? And would an ECU upgrade or even something like the split second from GT Pro, affect its usability or functionality? My plan is to eventually get into low 11's (god willing even the 10s) but I want to do as little REupgrading as possible (i.e. not having to upgrade my upgrades.) So what do you guys think? should I just say screw it and go with an entire engine management system? Or is it possible to get there in steps?
Thanks in advance.
Mike
93 3000GT VR4 Stock :):sobb sobb:: I miss her)
e-mail: [email protected]

[This message has been edited by VR-4_Owner (edited December 28, 1999).]

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
The datalogger is the ONLY diagnostic tool available that lets you tune the car properly ! Although it is made for the DSMs the figures are ok and the logging capability is very good.

I'm running the SplitSecond MAF kit and G-Force ECU and this doesn't affect a lot. Of course the barometric and temp reading of the stock MAS is static as the ARC simulates this by a constant voltage ! But the most important things are O2, knock, timing and more.

The datalogger simply reads data out of the ECU and records, displays them graphically on your notebook.

Without the Datalogger it is almost inpossible to tune in a fuel system properly ! Check out my homepage and the ARC installation page for some logs and comparisons.

Roger
93'3000GT TT

1 - 2 of 2 Posts