Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of buying me 19 inch wheels... and i was wondering what kind of tire size should i get... 235 30 19... or does anybody have an suggestion especially those who actually have 19 inch on their cars... your help will be highly appreciated... thanx

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I have AVS Model 5's in 19x9. I run 255/35/19, Toyo Proxes T1-S.

These are the best size for a 9" wheel. This is slighly larger than the factory match (which would result in zero speedometer error), that size is 245/35/19 but it is looking for an 8.5" rim for an optimal match. It will fit but you will have some slight sidewall flex (well within limits for the rim fit but it will compromise limit handling- very slightly). The 255's will result in a very slight speedometer error but it is almost not measurable.

If you go to a 265/30/19 you will need a minimum 9.5" rim (this is also the optimum size) and you can use a rim up to 10.5 inches.

Consider the rim you are looking for and what sizes it comes in (you have to get one that meets the offset and lug pattern for our cars). I really don't recommend a rim of less than 8.5" and ideally 9 inches. If you go larger (like 9.5 or 10 inches) be sure that the rim/tire combination will fit on the front of the car.

Consider what tires (brand,model) you want. Your choices will be more limited and expensive. Not all brands and models are made in all sizes.

The combination of the wheel and tire will determine what you can get.

Chris
1994 VR4

1 - 3 of 3 Posts