Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Turbo-Less
8,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading thru old posts and came upon THIS THREAD, it talks about tire shine products.

It reminded me about one that I tried over the summer and REALLY liked. But I can't find it anymore. My father in law got a sample size free at a drag race... and AutoZone, Advance and NAPA don't carry it...

It's Castrol Super Clean Tire Shine. It comes in the purple bottle with mainly yellow writing.

I really really liked it, it was shiny, DID NOT spray off, and lasted a LONG time.

Can someone help me find more??!?!?

·
UP THE IRONS!!!
3,129 Posts
The Meguires product is good also and long lasting. If you race your car at all though...don't use it. It DOES run (from centrifugal force) to the treads and reduces traction. That stuff is for show...not for go.

·
14.1 @ 100mph N/A
5,289 Posts
Auto Zone usd to carry it, but it was discontinued. Try Wal-Mart.

·
Spooling.......
718 Posts
OT: hehe...

Wrathchild... is that Ozzy in your avatar? :confused:

·
Registered
292 Posts
I got that Castrol stuff as a sample this weekend at Pep Boys! I really like it but it runs out quickyl. I got the sample bottle and that wasn't even enough for all 4 tires. Anyway I would suggest you try to find it there.

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
Czarcasmus said:
Meguires Endurance works really well. ;)

Yes it does....so does Tire Wet its in a spray bottle. With black lettering and a clear bottle.
Then if you want a really shiney look try a product called "Jet Wet"

-Jeff

·
Turbo-Less
8,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I"ve been hearing about this JET WET but don't know where to find it?? ANYONE??

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
Autozone, Pepboys

-Jeff

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Eagle 1 Tire Gel

Is what I have found to work the best. I use a Eagle 1 tire aplicator thingy to put it on with too. IMHO, Eagle 1 makes great car detailing stuff...;)

·
Turbo-Less
8,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I went looking today, didn't go to Pep boys or Autozone but was at a Meijer store, they had the Meguires Endurance (that's the one that's a gel with a nice applicator?). It was on CLEARANCE, $7.99 normally... it rang in at 4.50!

They had lots of Super Clean cleaners but none of the tire spray.

They also had the nice Eagle One stuff but I decided on the Meguires at the clearance price.

OH, and they had ZYMOL car wash on sale at $3.99 for a 16oz bottle. Don't know if that's a great deal or not...

·
Registered
198 Posts
I do believe we have the castrol at my work. Trader Horn. There is only 11 stores though in the Wester Pennsylvania area. I will have to try it out some time.

·
14.1 @ 100mph N/A
5,289 Posts
Jet Wet is the shiniest one you'll find, but it isn't very durable. It's definitely worth a try, though, just to see how damn shiny it is.

·
Spooling.......
718 Posts
ahh... thought so... or else we would have a damn good ozzy-look alike on this board.. hehe

1 - 15 of 15 Posts