Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Timing Belt NEW NEW NEW [email protected]@K

I bought this amazing timing belt for just over $80 at Discount Auto. MAN, WHAT AN UNBELIEVABLE DISCOUNT!!

This belt is as POPPIN' FRESH as a new timing belt can be! She has ZERO miles on her, and has been garaged her ENTIRE LIFE! You may never find another belt in such PRISTINE CONDITION!

What would you expect to pay for such a fine example of automotive engineering? $10,000+?

NOOOOO!!

Starting price is, NOT 70, NOT EVEN 60, BUT JUST 50 DOLLARSplus shipping for this EXQUISITELY CRAFTED timing belt!!

GENTLEMEN, PLACE YOUR BIDS!!

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:rolleyes:

Seriously, I never got around to replacing my timing belt, and now my Stealth is totaled. It's been sitting in my garage, and I don't have much use for it.

Just PM me if you're interested.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, it doesn't really say. It's part #95195 at Discount Auto. Says it's made in Italy if that means anything.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Is it hard

Is it hard to replace the timing belt yourself? Becasue most shops will not do work on stuff that you ddin't buy from them. My belt squeks some what, especially when it is damp or raining out? Any ideas? Does it need to be replaced? It is the really long belt on the right side of my engine (when looking from the front of the car). Is that the timing belt, I know this is a stupid question. Thanks!

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a day's work to change a timing belt. It has a cover, so it shouldn't be visible. Also, it wouldn't slip in damp or wet conditions. It's more likely your a/c or alternator belt that's squeaking.

The timing belt should be changed every 60k mi. b/c engine damage can occur if it breaks.

Replacing it yourself isn't really complicated with instructions and some basic tools. It just isn't the most pleasant thing in the world.

·
Big C
1,511 Posts
thanks for makin my day Slasher, i'm dead scared of doing mine. to mcnelson, don't worry what people think of you ask what you want that's what we're here for, hell i used to be just like you and there's still people that talk smack about me and think that i'm an idiot, but those people are conceited jags and don't speak for the majority of the 3si family.....

·
Registered
76 Posts
:)

Thanks I appreciate it! So I am assuming that it is my alternator belt, since it does it even if I don't have my air on at all, right? How can I stop it, I tried STP belt dressing and did practically nothing. Does it need to be replaced, or is there something else that I can do?

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If these are like DSM's, there should be a screw (bolt?) on the alternator to adjust the belt tension. And the a/c belt is probably adjusted by raising and lowering a pulley in the back w/ a screw.

If you have to replace the alternator belt, you'll probably have to take off the a/c belt first. In that case, you might as well replace both.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What better holiday gift than a TIMING BELT?!

Anyone want this thing? It cost me $85.59 a few months ago. Just make an offer.

·
Registered
296 Posts
heh heh, i should open a shop...I can change timing belts very very quickly and time the car in no less then 2 or 3 hours tops. Ill do timing belts for 300 a pop

1 - 19 of 19 Posts