Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Time to look at new tires... open to hearing what you all use... I am in Massachusetts and the car does not see snow at all and only rain if i get stuck in it lol. Appreciate in advance the feedback.

·
Registered
1991 VR4
897 Posts
Summer tires - Michelin Pilot Super Sports or the new version of those, michelin pilot sport 4S. End of story if you want a UHP summer street tire with a mileage warranty. I run the MPSS on my VR4 and the PS4S on my 335i. I have autocrossed, driven 170+ mph, etc, on those tires. Phenomenal grip and performance wet and dry. Just dont use in <32F.

If you dont care about mileage warranty and want something a little better, bridgestone potenza RE-71R. Slightly better in dry, slightly worse in wet. More of a track focused tire but fine on street.

For all seasons, michelin AS 3+.

Reactions: MrLWRC

·
Registered
361 Posts
I run Falken Azenis RT615k+, which are a track focused road tire. They are 200 tread wear rating so they are super soft and grippy, but they means the have significantly limited mileage and are relatively expensive. They more than make up for it though when you are taking a corner at full boost.

·
Registered
1991 3000GT VR-4
3 Posts
I just bought - Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 tires for my 91 VR4. This is Tire Rack's number one top rated summer tire for about $89 a piece at Firestone. That's half the price they are on tire rack, due to a special that's running only through Firestone stores. They handle incredibly well and are very smooth and quiet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts